News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (to me) Tiger.

Started by smoketriples, July 30, 2011, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoketriples

Joining the triples, just sayin hi!  Owned a sprint 1050 in 06 but it was a problem child from new, dealer couldn't ever get it to run more than a few weeks before it would have a no-start due to no spark issue, finally gave up and did a VFR.

Now I'm on a 2k Girly.  Picked her up yesterday.  Flipped the eccentric on the axle to lower her to my standards :), I'm only 5'10, 30" inseam so it was tippy toes stock.  Now I'm (almost) total flatfoot.

Lookin forward to playin on the board!

-eric
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

PeteH

Hi Eric... :worthless plus any pix of your Kettles???
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

smoketriples

Here's the tiger and the one assembled kettle, the other is down to the bare frame awaiting cooler weather to continue.

\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Mustang

walker

that's one awesome tiger! From the picture, it appears that the following was done...

*The springs in front are hyperpro, with racetech gold emulators
*adjustable caps are from a sprint, forget which years (only preload is adjustable)
*levers are from a 1050 '07 and up (adjustable - OEM but not stock on that bike)
*clutch perch and cable are from a 1050 tiger
*clutch lifter arm is from a 2005 and up 955/1050 (longer than stock)
*seat is bill mayer of course
*the top box had new rubber bushings mounted so it's not sloppy on the mount anymore
*fuel fittings are from team triumph and rock
*36,000 maintenance was done a little early, a few shims were right at spec, theyre all in the middle now
*all the other 36000 mile stuff done (plugs, fork oil, air filter, yaddayadda)
*balanced the throttle bodies
*replaced all brake pads with EBC HH
*cleaned calipers with a brush, removed grime, removed old grease, greased pins and such, reassembled (floating parts, not the pistons - they were ok)
*flushed out all the fluid and stuck in some ATE super blue I had for my goofy VW
*flush and filled with new coolant
*brand spankin new OEM triumph radiator cap
*new battery strap from a honda
*newer style fuel level sender so it won't sink - the old ones were crap :)
*new chain and sprockets (chain developed a few links that would bind, I just replaced the whole deal with the OEM triumph kit)
*cleaned, regreased the swingarm pivots, and the shock pivots (took swingarm off)
*replaced the chain rubbing block - was still ok, but why not!
*one of the fuel hoses on the tank I replaced - it was looking weathered, the other one was fine
*a few other hoses here and there were replaced (vacuum lines that weren't perfect - I'm picky and I had the tank off anyway)
*new headlamps (philips vision plus)
*centerstand is SW Motech (the OEM one was bending, so I tossed it)

reflective tape can be found at colebrothers on the web (the stuff there is the V82 DOT stuff and isn't overly cheap - I think on the top box I used the V92 DOT, don't recall)

Things christie / jordan probably didn't know to tell you :)

Love the eclipse blue color - it rocks!

PeteH

Cool GT...does`nt appear to be totally standard...but a good take on a cafe racer :)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

smoketriples

Dayum Walker, you're just the guy I needed to hear from.

Jordan is very cool.  He tell you what I traded in on it?  

He said you have a 955 and a new one too?  1050 I think?   Gotta meet up for coffee some time.

-eric

Quote from: walkerthat's one awesome tiger! From the picture, it appears that the following was done...
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

smoketriples

Quote from: "PeteH"Cool GT...does`nt appear to be totally standard...but a good take on a cafe racer :)

CBR600 front end (complete, tripletrees, forks, brakes, wheel, etc), swingarm from the CBR, also complete with all the CBR parts, custom rearsets, chambers, accent ignition.

Since that pic I redid the rearsets to move them further back, and the engine is on the stand.  getting new crankseals and while it's out adding a spacer under the barrels and taking 1mm off of the head.

The other GT is 100% original and stripped down to the bare frame.  It'll be a completely correct garage queen.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Slowmow

Quote from: "walker"that's one awesome tiger! From the picture, it appears that the following was done...
*36,000 maintenance was done a little early, a few shims were right at spec, theyre all in the middle now
*all the other 36000 mile stuff done (plugs, fork oil, air filter, yaddayadda)
*balanced the throttle bodies
*replaced all brake pads with EBC HH
*brand spankin new OEM triumph radiator cap
*new battery strap from a honda
*cleaned, regreased the swingarm pivots, and the shock pivots (took swingarm off)
*replaced the chain rubbing block - was still ok, but why not!
*one of the fuel hoses on the tank I replaced - it was looking weathered, the other one was fine
*a few other hoses here and there were replaced (vacuum lines that weren't perfect - I'm picky and I had the tank off anyway)
*new headlamps (philips vision plus)

You are good really good ....

Just pulling your leg  :D
2005 Tiger 955i Owner

2008 KLR650