News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has Anyone Noticed

Started by Mr Mistoffelees, December 08, 2004, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mistoffelees

That you never seem to see another Tiger when out playing   :?:

Is this because we are all territorial and don't want no other male peeing on our roads  :D

Just surprised thats all, think the bike has been underated by the bike press (on looks alone) and as such, never been a major seller  :(
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

52blackshadow

Perhaps you play in the wrong places. I regularly pass Tigers in Northampton, Cambridge, Norwich etc.

Perhaps you haven't been looking long enough?

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

TigerTim

Last Sunday left home, in Worcester, first bike coming tuther way (5 miles from home ) was a Silver Tiger  :D  Any one here  :?:  

Then loads of Bm's

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

ChrisN

I can generally agree with MrMisto.

I hardly ever see other Tigers, but thats part of the attraction of owning one.

You only ever see sheep and sports bikes in flocks!!
Chris

pauljones1227

I park in London (West End) and have only ever seen 2 black Tigers in the bike bays, and have never seen another one on the Journey to and from work.

Kinda nice though, We could all own CBR's and Hornets and forget whos bike is whos...

abell

>Last Sunday left home, in Worcester,

Funnily enough I come from Worcester and my family still live there, but my Tiger is about 3000 miles away here in New England and therefore it wasn't me!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

BP_LONDON

Seeing them more often these days. Never used to see any at all. There's one or two Tiger riders I see relatively regularly in the morning commutes...but compared to the Yamahas and even ducatis the tigers are rare. Lots of daytonas tho'.

Robbie

Hardly see any on my travels about here. But they are getting more popular.

Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

robbo

Agee, I hardly see any up here in the borders but I do remember one day a couple of months ago I was coming back from St MaryÌs Loch and passed 4 or 5 Tigers coming the other way.
best Regards

Robbo

greg

I live in Devon, hardly ever see one here. The guys I ride with don't seem to get it why anyone would ride one at all, they come over all puzzled. These are not bikes for those with fragile ego's!
2004 Girly.

robbo

Agreed about the ego comment but isnÌt it strange how wherever you park people check it out. I blame the motorcycle press who seem to be obsessed by sports bikes.

I remember reading an article where they compared several so called sports touring bikes, the article ended by saying the tiger would be the outright winner based on touring ability, comfort, performance, build quality and value for money but they marked it down because they thought it was ugly.
best Regards

Robbo

ChrisN

Just for the record Robbo,

BIKE - April 2004

Fazer / VFR / ST3 / Tiger - The best bike summary stated:

"As we're testing and judging these machines as sports tourers it should, in many ways, be the Tiger955i. It is the most comfortable over distance, has panniers and heated grips as standard, is well finished and is great fun in the twisties. But it isn't going to win because it's so ugly you can almost smell it. Sorry."

So there you have it, everyone on this forum loves an ugly bike. We're all wierdos or blind  :roll:
Chris

abell

Outrageous review.

If they think the Tiger is ugly they need to pay a trip to the BMW dealership!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Robbie

Quote from: "robbo"Agreed about the ego comment but isn’t it strange how wherever you park people check it out.

We pulled up in Cortina this summer and this guy with his shopping just walked around both bikes, put his bags down, put his shades on his head and walked around again, he then pushed past Susie to get a better look. he must have circled the bike a dozen times but didn't pause or try to talk to us, most strange but he was Italian so!!

Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

robbo

Quote from: "ChrisN"Just for the record Robbo,

BIKE - April 2004

Fazer / VFR / ST3 / Tiger - The best bike summary stated:

:roll:

Chris,

that sound like the one I was thinking of. I thought it was a bit cheeky of them, anyway big trails bikes are meant to be ugly, ugly is cool.

Hands up anyone who thinks the BMW GS is good looking, its big its hard and its ugly thatÌs what people like about them. Event the Ducati multi thingy which is in the style is pretty ugly.

Have a look at my wife you will see how much I appreciate ugly  :shock:
best Regards

Robbo