News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has Anyone Noticed

Started by Mr Mistoffelees, December 08, 2004, 11:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abell

>most strange but he was Italian so!!

Maybe he was so used to seeing Ducatis that he was completely nonplussed by the concept of a motorcycle with mirrors that show what's behind you.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

ChrisN

QuoteRobbo >  Have a look at my wife you will see how much I appreciate ugly

Christ Robbo!! you're either a brave man or your wife can't use the internet ?  :shock:
Chris

robbo

she doesnt use the internet, what do you think I am mad.... :D
best Regards

Robbo

ridin gaijin

My little corner of the world is very far from what you'd call metropolitan, cosmopolitan, or--hell--anything remotely like it. I own one of about four Tigers in the state. (Apparently New Mexico is larger than all of the UK (yet with less than 1/690,000th the culture).) I will never see another Tiger unless it's at a RAT in Albuquerque and someone else has ridden hundreds of miles to attend!

And mine is orange--the fastest kind--which is unique in this state. I get looks wherever I ride which is wierd 'cos I never bought the bike to stand out. It was a question of function, then narrowing the field, then value. Imagine riding around knowing the odds of seeing another bike like yours are basically zero.  :D
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Quote from: "robbo"Have a look at my wife you will see how much I appreciate ugly  :shock:

I'm guessing that you don't let her look at these forums!

robbo

SheÌs not ugly honest. :lol:   Having said that we have separate logins for internet use and I am safe in the knowledge that a motorcycle forum would be the last place she would visit on the internet.

My two beautiful girls next to each other on the left of this picture... ( one of them is a bike )
best Regards

Robbo

ChrisN

Hey Robbo,

You redeemed yerself nicely there mate! Hardly noticed the Tiger.....
Chris

Brock

Is that smoke coming out of the top of her head?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

robbo

He he, it does look like smoke doesnÌt it. I never noticed it before.

Im trying to remember where that photo was taken, I know it was on our annual run up the west coast of Scotland last May but cant remember exactly where.

see who can tell me what this place is called......
best Regards

Robbo

ATDRS

Quote from: "ChrisN"Just for the record Robbo,

BIKE - April 2004

Fazer / VFR / ST3 / Tiger - The best bike summary stated:

"As we're testing and judging these machines as sports tourers it should, in many ways, be the Tiger955i. It is the most comfortable over distance, has panniers and heated grips as standard, is well finished and is great fun in the twisties. But it isn't going to win because it's so ugly you can almost smell it. Sorry."

So there you have it, everyone on this forum loves an ugly bike. We're all wierdos or blind  :roll:

Keep in mind that these are the same fellows that complain about the wind on naked bikes, no duh!,and praise a Ducati even after the gauges fail repeatedly then complain about others that the numerials are crowded and difficult to read. :idea:

robbo

Re the photo above I remembered where it was, its Urquart Castle at Loch Ness.

Re the review in Bike magazine, I am never very sure about any of the conclusions of the reviews in this mag. I get the impression they make their minds up which bike is the best before they do any testing then stick to that decision regardless of what the test reveals. ItÌs the same as the rubbish about Honda build quality, I know plenty of Honda owners who would disagree with that statement. You know the one ( itÌs a Honda so it will be reliable )
best Regards

Robbo