News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A good day in the saddle

Started by D-Fuzz, August 16, 2011, 06:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Fuzz

My wife and kids have gone camping, so in looking for an excuse to go for a ride, I offered to ride out to where they are to set up camp for them.  I asked Mark, my Harley Davidson friend, if he was interested in taking a ride.  Of course the answer was yes.  I strapped the tent and some other items to the seat, put my tools & supplies in my topcase and Mark & I set off about 8:30 yesterday morning.

We proceeded to blast down 400km of slab to get to Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park in the SW corner of Saskatchewan.  I'd never been there before, but it is a beautiful place.  We managed to dodge of pretty intense storm system that was tracking through, only getting a few drops of rain, just enough to make us stop and put on our rain gear.  

By 2pm, we had camp set up, had ourselves fed & watered and were ready for the return trip.  Our plan was to slab it to the park, then take a bunch of scenic secondary highways home, which is what we did.  We took the Red Coat Trail, commemorating the NW Mounted Police, through the Frenchman Valley and across the rolling plains.  By the time we got home around 9pm last night, we had travelled roughly 950km over the course of the day.

My Tiger ran beautifully as usual.  It was a little harder on fuel than my buddy's HD, but I am coming to accept that.  I have to do a chain & sprocket change pretty soon, so I will look at some gearing that will bring the RPMs down a bit.  But riding at 80-85mph is going to burn fuel.  About an hour into the ride, I realized I had forgot my camera, so I don't have any photos from the day.  :(
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black