News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Short trip to the Lakes

Started by Robbie, August 16, 2011, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Took a little trip up to the lakes, those that attended the UK Tiger meet know that there was a purpose to this trip.
After a quick M way blast it was into the Yorkshire moors and Devils Bridge at Kirby Longsdale. Over the tops and down into Dent for lunch.

Heading North along some nice roads to Appleby and across the M6 to Ullswater, over the Kirkstone Pass and down the Struggle to Ambleside. After gassing up and a stretch it was over to Langdale and the Wrynose Pass.

A quick Right and up the Hardknott Pass, not as big as the Alpine passes but I think it is one of the most challenging roads in the UK

A mile the other side and we reach our destination. A great day out, weather good and the roads empty for August in the Lakes.
Oh and the purpose of the trip.
She said I do

And yes I did hose the chalk mud off, but I need a special occasion to get the soap out
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Mustang

Quote from: "Robbie"She said I do

congratulations , may you ride many miles together...............

BONANZA

:D Congratulations to you and your bride Robbie. All the best for the future :wink:
Will
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

metalguru

Hey congratulations Robbie, heres to many more long rides.

I was really worried just then when I read you WASHED the chalk off, I was stupidly thinking you had WASHED the bike!!!! LOL.

Good luck to you and yours, see ya soon. :wings
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

KuzzinKenny

Hey Robbie !! congrats on gettin hitched  :occasion14

a Tigger weddin at the Lakes !! not many folks can say that !!  :thumbsup

all the best to you and yours !!

KK

ps your missus looks well happy   :D
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

tappets

congrats mate, may you all have many miles together.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?