News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeBenzon

Somebody mentioned it elsewhere, and I liked it, Transformer. It looks like a transformer monster.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

Chris Canning

Well I've always looked at the Triumph Tiger lot with avid interest  :roll: ,stuff like World Superbike or Moto GP,even Simoncelli's death go completely unnoticed,but a meet up and camping in a field does  :shock:

BUT,in the 12 years I've had a Tiger I've seen more Tiger sites than any others for the bikes that I own,in fact I've probably seen more Tiger sites than all the rest put together.

3 Yahoo sites
Tiger Triple and it's for runner started by a guy who went and bought a GS!! and left
Rat site
1050 site
800 site
And now a 1200 site

Not sure what it says about Tiger owners but it's certainley saying somthing :D

The Midnight Rambler

I'll be having a look at the NEC.
Not sure about that hard luggage, I noticed someone wobbling a pannier about in one of the clips.
Any suggestions about which bits to prod/ break or otherwise investigate bearing in mind the things will probably be crawling with wannabes and spotty adolescents?
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

TigerTrax

The movie Alice in Wonderland started out with 'white rabbit' runnining about muttering " . . . I'm late, I'm Late" ..........
- Inferring Triumph should have been the leader in this game.

In the song White Rabbit . . . "if you go chasing rabbits . . ." infers you will never catch him ... you will fall as your mind runs about . . . . .

I propose  Rabbit . . . . .
  ... we could put in a sound clip of
Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane to spice it up!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

BONANZA

I,ll be there on the first Saturday, but only cos I get a cheap deal on a coach run by the Christian M,cycle Association. :roll:  No I arent a member (I don,t think they would have me if they really knew me)
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Tiger-G

Yes, I think it warrants it.

At least we'll be able to go straight to where we want to find out what the guys on here are saying about it.

Just my ten peneth  :D
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

blacktiger

I think each model should have its own section just because each model will have its own questions, idiosyncrasies and farkles.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Big G"Hello all,

When do we get a section on the forum devoted to the Tiger 1200 ??

Hey Big G !! its been a long wait  :roll: i hope the new Tigger 1200 is wat you've been waitin for  :D

it sure looks the biz !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

I'll be there on Friday 25th..... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"You lot have forgotten the sarcasm thing.

Best one I've seen by some margin is 'Dora'
Dora the Explorer.............. :hello2

Given that she's my grand daughter's favourite I must have been real tired :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

For the same reason the steamer lot cut us off at the neck with 'Girly'   :evil: :D ,it's a rather nice thought doing the same to the 1200 :oops:

Bought a 1200 Dora have!!! how nice :D,thats their halo round their ankles!!

chairhead

:D    Dora...... :thumbsup  gets my vote!
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Nick Calne

Quote from: "BONANZA"I,ll be there on the first Saturday, but only cos I get a cheap deal on a coach run by the Christian M,cycle Association. :roll:  No I arent a member (I don,t think they would have me if they really knew me)

There has got to be a 'christ on a bike' type joke in there somewhere... :roll:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tiger-G

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Big G"Hello all,

When do we get a section on the forum devoted to the Tiger 1200 ??

Hey Big G !! its been a long wait  :roll: i hope the new Tigger 1200 is wat you've been waitin for  :D

it sure looks the biz !!

KK

Hi Mate,

I so wanted the Tiger 1200 to be a bike for me, and it would be if it wasn't for the 20 litre fuel tank.  Rumour has it there will be an "ADV" version out in the future with increased range, so I think I'll sit back and wait.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

JTT

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Chris, that Versys looks like a multi strada to me, I agree with triumph looking over their shoulders tho'.

I will be at the NEC to see the beast in the flesh, doing some stand duty for the TRF.

I agree with you John, I see this as more of a Multistrada competition....and one beaten with the ugly stick pretty hard.  I'm sure it will be a hit if priced right though, filling the gap for those who can't afford to purchase or operate a Duc.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C