News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"I'll be interested to see where Triumph go with the wheels and tyres,the photos in the comic look really odd as it's got two spindly wheels with pissy sized tyres on,and they want to feed 140hp through e'm  :roll:

You seen the size of a Blackbird back tyre?

To be fair, the only one that works well for me - and tyres are always a personal choice - is the BT020 Blackbird-specific back tyre.  It was developed to take the power but more importantly the weight.  It has stiffer sidewalls.  I've tried generic tyres from both Bridgestone and other makes and they don't work as well, but that could be in my head of course.... :wink:

Well you've lost me abit Bob/John thought BB rear tyer was 180/90 which is more than big enough but the one on the 1200 Tiger doesn't look that big  :? ,but I'll be more than interested in it when the NEC comes round.

Advwannabe

Linky. Oh dear....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... roduction/

I know Adventure bikes are supposed to look ruggedly ugly, but that hideous thing Honda dragged out of the parts bin and now this?  

I hope that beastie is a stealth test mule designed to throw people off how its actually going to look.  

On the plus side 1150 longstroke and a shaftie, sounds perfect for those of us who like an 'all roads' tourer and like to venture onto the gravel.

I hope they do a spoked wheel version.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Bixxer Bob

Nah, that's the mule; the finished item is - as I said further up - like the 800 on steriods. :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Nah, that's the mule; the finished item is - as I said further up - like the 800 on steriods. :lol:

like this  :wink:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/ ... orer-1200/

KK

ps i wonder if Big G's happy now   :roll:  :lol:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

That's the one I was on about KK  :thumbsup

I think I'm smitten already... :oops:

But I don't think I can sell that pillion seat to Mrs BB. Just have to go on my own  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"But I don't think I can sell that pillion seat to Mrs BB.

Nor mine  :(

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"But I don't think I can sell that pillion seat to Mrs BB.

Nor mine  :(

I thought that might be a problem with the Roadie but in the end she was even keener that I get an XC as well  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Were it gets a tad complicated BB owns a BB(all BB's!!) I own a K,our idea of travelling quick won't tally with a lot on this board,if your used to a conventional seat lik on the old 955 the passenger isn't perched like a kite on the back.

NeilD

proper pictures here...

http://www.mcnews.com.au/

I'd read they were due to be released tomorrow, but I guess its already tomorrow in Oz

NeilD

Champy

I tried out the Tiger 800XC and loved it - light, handled so well in the wet and felt very positive.
What I didn't like was the lack of torque that both the 885 and 955i have in bucket loads.
A few mates (one with an R1200GS - wait, can he be a mate?) are going to Milan to view the beast up front and personal. He to criticise and remark: 'copied this, and copied that from BMW' and me just to drool over it.

Heard that it will be around £10,500 (same as BMW) but with more 'extras' included in the price.

Off to Romania next year and would love to do it on the 1200...
You need to scare yourself at least once a day.

Danny955i

1200cc, shaft driven, single sided swingarm..... ohhh yeah... I found my next bike.

Screw the 800 :).

walker

don't forget traction control, ABS, and cruise control as standard. Also uses that "drive by wire" throttle (no cable).... the pics show a hydraulic clutch as well.... rear passenger pegs look like they bolt to the rear subframe (not welded on).

neat!

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/trium ... new-models

Sin_Tiger

Thanks Neil. There is a lot to like about that just in the looks department, not so conviced about the badge, bit too Yamaha for my personal taste. Can hardly wait to see one in the flesh.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Jury is still out for me,I dislike the 800 with a passion and still remember walking straight past the Triumph stand on it's launch at the NEC,I've now doubt this new 1200 has a great motor,but I'm going to have to look at it a few more time before I find it pleasant to look at.

Whats the belly pan all about!! :cry: