News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxnsox

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Whats the belly pan all about!! :cry:
Somewhere to hold the salt spray

Like you I could walk past this Chris. But I sure would like to feel that engine....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Calne

It's very angular in it's design, especially round the tank.  It has something of a 'transformers' look about it.  Looks a lot better than the earlier spy spots suggested it might...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

to protect the exhaust pipes when negotiating the speed bumps in the Starbuck's parking lot ! :shock:  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Mustang"
to protect the exhaust pipes when negotiating the speed bumps in the Starbuck's parking lot ! :shock:  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Of course :D ,silly me  :oops:

jphish

Hmmm - I don't regret getting the XC. 1200 Way too big & S-10 like - too industrial looking for me. Also, the T & H aren't joined with the "swirl" on Triumph badge either. Thats going to, no doubt, cause all sorts of mechanical problems!!  Actually - glad to see another big trailie out there - it will likely prove to be a capable machine. And with a 1200 Triple...wow! - should be a fun ride... But I can't afford the tickets.

jphish

ALSO: The "Beaker" moniker was applied to 800 - Whats this one gonna be?? Super tiger ?

Mustang

Transformer......................

jphish

Yeah - Transformer. Thats good. Even comes in "transformer blue color. Cool!

Bixxer Bob

Like the name "Transformer"  :D

But Google "Fazer 1000" images........
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

robxxxx

And whats going on with that silencer? Yea, I know emissions and noise regs. But Good God, Look at the size of it!  Lets hope there will be some aftermarket options.
Anyone else notice the side-stand. Looks like it might be better than the 955's "fall over if not parked right" effort.

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Like the name "Transformer"  :D

But Google "Fazer 1000" images........
yea they are all ugly mothers
the 1050 tigger is no prize either
the 800 looks like a beemer wannabe
the 1200 does kinda have a yamaha look going on

I wish they would quit tryin to copy others looks and just let the tigger be it's own unique breed  :D

Chris Canning

Amen to that!!!

Went on a factory tour in 2000 but only with other Tiger owners and met the design team,I'd be interested to do the same again and ask were the side panels are are,and why a bloody big plastic screen?,no disrespect Tim(Box) but if I want a barn door in front of me I'd buy a K1300GT,and one of the great up grades with other Tigers is one on the engine sprocket and that ain't going to happen with this.

All of which will be a minor detail as no doubt the bike will be saved with a great motor.

dickenbacker

What a bunch of whingers  :D

So what if you can't play with the gearing? In nearly 40 years of owning and riding all sorts of bikes I have never wanted or needed to change the gearing.

So what if it has a screen that might actually work?

So what if it looks a bit like another bike? I don't buy a bike because how it looks. I can't see it when I'm riding and surely the riding is the most important thing. If how a bike looks is more important than how it rides I'd suggest you buy a Harley.

It's a Triumph, it has the amazing triple engine and I think it looks great and if it starts to take business from BMW then all the better.

Mustang

Quote from: "dickenbacker"What a bunch of whingers  :D

So what if you can't play with the gearing? In nearly 40 years of owning and riding all sorts of bikes I have never wanted or needed to change the gearing.

So what if it looks a bit like another bike? I don't buy a bike because how it looks. I can't see it when I'm riding and surely the riding is the most important thing. If how a bike looks is more important than how it rides I'd suggest you buy a Harley.

It's a Triumph, it has the amazing triple engine and I think it looks great and if it starts to take business from BMW then all the better.
:sleepy1

dickenbacker

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "dickenbacker"What a bunch of whingers  :D

:sleepy1

Ah, always good to get a measured, intelligent response.