News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: "dickenbacker"I don't buy a bike because how it looks.

Really  :D

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "dickenbacker"....
Ah, always good to get a measured, intelligent response.

It's clear from your comment as well as your profile, you haven't got the hang of things around here yet  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Do your homework .....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "dickenbacker"Ah, always good to get a measured, intelligent response.

PeteH

Mustang, you`d be barred from the other site for that post :) and dickenbacker, how can you buy a bike and not take its looks into account :?: I still smile when I open the shed and my Girlies sat there, but if it was a beaker(800) I`d probably take a stick to it :wink:

Agree with Mustang tho...all bikes are starting to look alike. Check out a few sportsbikes in silhouett? and name them. Same with the Beaker and BM its only the motor that seperates them :(
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Mustang

Quote from: "PeteH"Mustang, you`d be barred from the other site for that post :) .....................................

Sin_Tiger

Each to his own boys, even the naughty boys, you're supposed to be setting an example Mustang  :roll:

If I see anyone with a stick near my XC I'll deck them  :evil: , on the other hand if you happen to be visiting my garage where I keep the Roadie I keep a big stick behind the door specifically for that purpose  :lol:  but the truth I admit myself is that somebody in the design department beat us to it with the ugly stick  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Rocinante

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I wish they would quit tryin to copy others looks and just let the tigger be it's own unique breed  :D

Amen from me too.

The new style reminds me of, except a Beemer of course, the Lego toys my son has all over the house. Lots of small parts carefully put together into a kind of Starwars/Transformer/Ninjago/whatever monster.

Imagine all the new hardware in a Steamer related wrapping. That would have been interesting.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

dickenbacker

Oh the joys of internet banter.

Just two points here.

Point 1: No, I don't really bother too much what a bike looks like. I think I've owned some of the most boring and ugly bikes in most people's eyes but if I like riding them then I don't care.

Point 2: Please delete my account Mr Moderator.

Shiny side up.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "dickenbacker"Oh the joys of internet banter.

Just two points here.

Point 1: No, I don't really bother too much what a bike looks like. I think I've owned some of the most boring and ugly bikes in most people's eyes but if I like riding them then I don't care.

Shiny side up.

Point 1. As I had said to me many years ago,50% of owning a bike is walking past it in the garage and thinking 'Yea thats OK'

Point 2.
A biker with thin skin!!! thats a baaaaaad combo  :D

Point 3
We still didn't find out were he came from on his profile :lol:

Point 4.
I like Mustangs edge,he doesn't suffer fools gladly,thats a plus in my book,although in the 58 years of my life I've found folk prefer BS rather than the truth  :roll:  re the other site :(

Sin_Tiger

There used to be a numpty in my college ski club whom I had some sympathy for as his family name was Coxhead. If your born with that it's unfortunate but if you have a choice ------- well  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "dickenbacker"Oh the joys of internet banter.

Just two points here.

Shiny side up.

Well, that was short and sweet, and since the last few posts of this thread are not typical of the banter on here ie no-one normally trolls or flames....  Black Hole anyone???   :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Troll/Flame I didn't see either I saw an exchange of views so what!!

Chris Canning

Getting back to the bike,I'd have put side panels on were there nothing,a one piece seat, and intergrated the headlight shell with the lower part of the screen and and had a smaller screen(at the same height),everyone(screen) I've had marks up within months so much so I keep a stock,which can normally aquired after the bike has been out a while at a decent price off the net.

I've no doubt it'll be a good bike the engineers normally do a good job,but I'd have the designers put up against the wall  :D

Mustang

Quote from: "dickenbacker"Point 2: Please delete my account Mr Moderator.

Shiny side up.

you will have to do it your self .......... :shock:

I reprimanded myself ok? :ImaPoser

clean up in aisle 3........................ :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  

I wondered what it was that appealled to me, so I screwed my eyes up and realised the strong shoulders reminded me of the Steamer  :shock:  is that heresy?