News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1200 mergefest **all 1200 chat here

Started by Bixxer Bob, September 10, 2011, 11:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walker

I'd be interested to look at one, but don't really need another bike just this minute. (like I can afford it).

The real question is.....

What shall we name it?  :D

steamer
Girly
roadie
beaker
???

Chris Canning

Another article today in MCN about Triumph taking a leaf out of Japanese book in the early days of being great copiers,but looking at the spec of the new 1200 their certainly making a grand effort.

Bixxer Bob

Seen MCN today; I really REALLY hope it's as good as the pics and hype. But then i'll want one badly..... :x
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Big Mick

New pic of finished model with accessories, bit grainy.
97 Steamer, Caspian Blue.
Girly wheels, Venom Exhausts, Corbin Seat,
Powerbronze Touring Screen, Triumph span adjustable levers.

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

walker

it's inevitable. The bike will be released. Someone will nickname it.... here is a thread where those who might like to suggest nicknames could start.

From another topic, we had:

1. Fat Cat
 2. Optimus (prime)
 3. Tiger Explorer
 4. Big Beaker (Large Beaker?)

Toss out some ideas!

Mustang

keep it clean this time around ....................mmmkay
otherwise your post will get zapped
and maybe the offender will too
it's really quite easy

Sin_Tiger

I thought about "Exploder" but that's unkind, especially since I might own one  :grnb

OH shit, please don't ban me  :shock:

Big Beaker seems appropriate and shortens up nicely to BB, until something more tempting hets suggested.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Big Beaker seems appropriate and shortens up nicely to BB, until something more tempting hets suggested.

I'd get confused..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Big Beaker seems appropriate and shortens up nicely to BB, until something more tempting hets suggested.

I'd get confused..... :roll:

BB on a BB  :ImaPoser hadn't considered that mate.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

LTB

/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Nick Calne

Well this bike is kinda like Beaker's boss.  A big beaker.  The head honcho beaker....

So....

I'm guessing it's "Bunsen".
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aeronca

Guy's, come on already. why do we feel the need to rename this bike. I apologise for my last post, but it was meant as sarcasm. Triumph has given this thing a cool name already, though it may have been better suited for the 800 instead of that stupid "Beaker" name given on this(only), but it is what it is. I for one will refer to this bike as the Explorer :pottytrain2 .   mustang - pm sent.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

cosmo

But - there is already an Explorer, with a shady past, as well.

Let's just call it "Ford"

As in Prefect, of course. Many folk will simply look upon that name and mispronuciate it as Perfect, which we all know Triumphs ARE.

So there, it's now to be called "Ford"

After all, we let them use Thunderbird, and they screwed that one up...

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

walker

Quote from: "nickcalne"I'm guessing it's "Bunsen".

better than honeydew! (dr. bunsen honeydew)