News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

You can also buy a MFW top yoke made for the Trophy to convert them to high bars, i think Neil bought a set, straight bolt on.

rf9rider

Finally got out over the weekend for a few miles.

Fork seal is no longer leaking, removed the handguards as i didn`t like the look of them.

The new seat is much more comfortable now, and with Mustangs lowered pegs fitted, no more knee and leg aches  :lol:

Might look at fitting some different handlebars, as the swept back originals don`t feel too comfortable on my arthritic wrists.

And one more problem to sort, the neutral light problem is back, thought i`d cured that by repairing the wire, just hope its not the plate inside the engine worn.

rf9rider

Quote from: rf9rider on April 14, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
A bit more done today, finally sorted the leaky tap, a simple o ring cured that.

So, fairings off and spare tank on

Pingel fitted, i screwed it into the adaptor plate using Loctite 577 which is petrol resistant, then bolted the whole lot into the tank using the o ring around the  hole to seal it

A little update, seems the Loctite 577, which i used to seal the tap where it threads into the adaptor plate, which claims to be petrol resistant isn`t!
Haven`t rode the bike for a few weeks, as busy doing jobs on the house, been away on hols etc etc.
Thought i could smell petrol in the garage, finally got around to looking at the bike, fuel was leaking from the petrol tap, looks like the Loctite has turned to a gooey mess.
So now i`m going to use the Yamaha tap, which means making up an adaptor plate, using the O ring to seal it, as the original hole in the tank has been enlarged to fit the Pingel.

Mustang

JB WELD .............it works :thumbsup

rf9rider

Quote from: Mustang on October 23, 2012, 02:27:31 AM
JB WELD .............it works :thumbsup

Don`t know if that would cure the problem, it`s leaking from the threads where the tap screws into the adaptor plate, it`s a real fine thread and it`s a really tight fit, so i reckon anything other than a fine liquid would come out as you tighten the tap into the plate.

With the Yamaha tap, the made up adaptor plate would fit against the tank with an O ring, then the tap has it`s own O rings to fit against the plate.

Just hoping none of the goo has got into the carbs

rybes

if its jus been sat i cant see the goo gettin into the carbs. you should be ok mate  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Finally got some spare time to sort the petrol tap.

Took the leaky Pingel tap off, and fitted the Yamaha tap.

As the hole in the tank had been enlarged to fit the Pingel, made up an adaptor plate to fit between the tap and tank, sealed with an O ring, all well so far.

Battery had gone flat, so on charge overnight, hopefully be running tomorrow.

rybes

:thumbsup youll have to let us know how the reserve is on it

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on December 17, 2012, 08:51:36 AM
:thumbsup youll have to let us know how the reserve is on it

According to others who have used the same tap, reserve is only about 15/20 miles.

But i usually don`t let it get down that low, too heavy to be pushing around to the nearest petrol station.

rf9rider

Even though i`ve had the battery hooked up to the Optimate for the last few weeks, the battery has had it, not enough go in it to turn the motor over.

Tried charging it on my other charger all day, no good.

Just ordered one of those Motobatt batteries, hopefully here for the weekend.  :doubt

rybes

hmmm. think ill stick to a standard one then. ive gotten used to the reserve on it now over the last 12 years. id forget it was so small and know id run out.
gutted bout ya battery mate. bet ya lookin forward to gettin out on it again. wont be out on mine now till mid jan cos im in denmark till then  :thumbsup

rf9rider

Need to get it done as i`ll be needing the bike as my truck needs a new full exhaust system, i`m having a stainless hand built system fitted as its cheaper than Vauxhall prices, so it will be off the road for a few days having that done.
Don`t usually ride in the winter months unless its dry/sunny, but need transport to get to work.

rf9rider

Good news, new battery arrived this morning.

Bad news, sent the wrong one, too big to fit in the battery tray.

Sorted out over the phone, correct one should be here Christmas eve.

Hopefully have a good Christmas day if it turns up!  :new_xmas

Sin_Tiger

:doubt Ilk be impressed if they manage it, best of luck with that mate  :new_xmas
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Well, got a text message from DPD, the couriers, be here between 9 - 5.  :thumbsup