News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Those handguards were an excellent find, looks the dogs dodahs!!!  :XXsunsmile
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fross

2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

John Stenhouse

Very Cool, that's one tricked out steamer
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

Thanks all, think that`s about it for now, well, just awaiting the postman to finish one last job.

Not much more to do on it, as i`ve got it looking like what i wanted, and a lot more comfortable to ride.

I`d like to sort out a better suspension set up, better quality shock for a start, when funds allow.

Then maybe some engine tuning, Super 111 cams etc, again, when funds allow.

So, it`s roll on the summer............... :hat10

rf9rider

Another little job done.

Mrs RF bought me a Sat Nav for xmas, so set about putting that on.

Cheap waterproof case and mount from China, same thing as you get from here only £30 cheaper!

No room on the bars to fit it, so came up with this

99p rubber bush from Ebay..............

Enabling it to fit on the stabilising bar...............

rf9rider

Almost done, just need to fit a 12v supply, got the plug ready to fit in the morning.

Bixxer Bob

You probably already have a plan, but if not, see where I mounted the Hella socket on my mate's Steamer here:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,11378.msg84819.html#msg84819
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Thanks mate, i still  have the original plastic surround which already has a hole in it for an alarm key.

Going to take my good one off and use that, although i have to enlarge the hole to fit the socket.

I`m thinking of wiring it in to an ignition live wire, probably the wiring to the voltmeter i put in, so if i forget to turn it off, at least it won`t drain the battery when i turn the bike off with the key.

GavD

This is exactly what I've been doing with mine recently. Got an old work TomTom lying around, so I've fitted the 12v socket in the dash where BB fitted his mates, and was just looking at mounting options.

Having trouble locating a suitable rubber bush, don't suppose you've got a link RF???

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Quote from: GavD on February 03, 2013, 10:05:07 PM
This is exactly what I've been doing with mine recently. Got an old work TomTom lying around, so I've fitted the 12v socket in the dash where BB fitted his mates, and was just looking at mounting options.

Having trouble locating a suitable rubber bush, don't suppose you've got a link RF???

Gav

Had trouble finding one the right size in the UK, got mine from China, arrived in 3 days!

Here`s the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14mm-x-30mm-x-29mm-Flexible-Elastic-Damper-Cushion-Rubber-Bush-/290831192209

rf9rider

Finally got the 12v socket fitted.

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Quote from: GavD on February 04, 2013, 06:14:02 PM
Much obliged to ya RF
:thumbsup

No worries mate, though the price has gone up since last week?

If you get that bush, you will have to cut it to get it over the bar, then cut it a little more so the clamp on the mount clamps it tight onto the bar.

rybes

can ya post up a link to the holder please RF  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)