News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I was surprised at how many car components Guzzi used in those days.  It explains why Guzzi is the first choice for Morgan replicas.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Bike passed MOT today, 2 advisories, rear tyre getting low on tread, and gear change linkage has a fair ammount of play in it.

Needs a good run out, as been sitting for a few weeks, so guess what i`m doing tomorrow if it`s fine?  :icon_mrgreen:

rybes

sposed to be nice tmora. where ya headin ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Solon

Quote from: rf9rider on June 02, 2013, 12:05:54 AM
Bike passed MOT today, 2 advisories, rear tyre getting low on tread, and gear change linkage has a fair ammount of play in it.

Needs a good run out, as been sitting for a few weeks, so guess what i`m doing tomorrow if it`s fine?  :icon_mrgreen:
I passed MOT on Friday too  :occasion14, but that was easy, the bike still has many problems, but the guys in my area are not used to check bikes, they don't know what to look at, so, if the brake work fine, one can be sure to pass it with no problems.

rf9rider

Just a couple of pics now that it`s just about done.

Couple of little things left to do.

John Stenhouse

That looks fabulous! Only thing I would change is to try to get the speedo cable in a bit, just looks odd as is. I know you can't tie them in tight but......
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

Quote from: John Stenhouse on June 17, 2013, 01:45:52 PM
That looks fabulous! Only thing I would change is to try to get the speedo cable in a bit, just looks odd as is. I know you can't tie them in tight but......

Thanks John, the speedo cable is one of the little jobs i mentioned, you can`t get one the correct length, i`ve got to send it off to get it shortened by about 100mm, it`s a job for winter time.  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

Ah I see, in that case it's perfect
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Early Africa Twin should be right.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 18, 2013, 01:35:51 AM
Early Africa Twin should be right.

I`ll look into that, Cheers Sin.

rybes

yeah me too cos mines just a tiny bit too short. bikes lookin great too RF. i like that a lot  :thumbsup
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ynotbiker

wow job well done hats off to you :icon_salut:.think you have one last job to do sell it to meeeeeeeeee  :icon_mrgreen:

HeavyHustler

Wow!  Excellent work matey.  This mod report is priceless.
Cheers,
Mark

rf9rider

Thanks for the positive comments...........

It`s been a couple of months since i last went out on the bike, the Motobatt battery was money well spent, turned over and fired up straight away.

However, it ran like a pig, erratic idle, runs fine over 3000 rpm, so used a can of Profi Fuel Max in the tank, after a total of around 160 miles, it does run better, but not perfect, so the carbs will be coming off this week for a clean through.

I did used to run the motor weekly, but have been busy with other things the last couple of months, so only myself to blame for the neglect.

Time for an oil and plug change while i`m at it.

rf9rider

I finally managed to spend some time on the Steamer, cleaned the carbs, it now runs like it should.

Despite running 2 cans of Profi Fuel max through it, the bowls were full of crap.

I bought a couple of cans of Seafoam to see if thats any better than the Profi stuff.

The pilot circuits were gummed up, cleaned those out with a strand of wire.

Here`s what i found in one of the bowls;  :icon_eek: