News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

rf9rider

Out on the bike today, running like it should, only problem was getting caught out twice in torrential downpours and the obligatory thunder and lightning.

Still enjoyed it though.  :thumbsup

ynotbiker

cracking bike well done painting mine shortly its red sorry to you all with red bikes.going towards black the new 800xc is phantom black sounds much better than black  :bad.where did you get your stainless steel bolds for all the panels looks cool.

rf9rider

Thanks, most of the stainless bolts came from my local nut and bolt shop, some from Ebay, and the cup washers from Ebay.

All the bolts etc are available on Ebay, but were cheaper from my local shop.

BruKen

If your tank is leaking not much will seal a plastic tank for long. However this has been recommended in the boating community as a viable option especially if you are using it as a sealant..

http://www.eb@y.co.uk/itm/NEW-Triumph-Boats-KL-Industries-Polyethylene-PLASTIC-KAYAK-CANOE-REPAIR-KIT-/111468334155?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f407cc4b

rf9rider

Cheers Bruken, i`ll take a look.

Decided on getting the spare tank resprayed over winter time.

Might have a go with the leaking tank sometime in the future.

Bixxer Bob

You gonna pick up this casing at any point???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 28, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
You gonna pick up this casing at any point???

Yes mate, forgot about it to be honest!

You about this coming weekend?

rybes

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on January 18, 2015, 03:10:05 PM
go get that bloody case  :icon_lol:

Howdy stranger, hows it going?

Not had time to do anything on the bike lately, too busy in Spain.

rybes

alright mate. all good here, how ya gettin on in spain ? thought you wouldve finshed it by now or are you enjoyin it now ?

Sin_Tiger

Keep at it RF, Spain is going on the annual ride list but we're going to stop outside Rybes place on the way just to  :wheel him up   :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: rybes on January 20, 2015, 11:27:24 AM
alright mate. all good here, how ya gettin on in spain ? thought you wouldve finshed it by now or are you enjoyin it now ?

House almost finished, all livable now but little odds and sods to do.

rybes

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 20, 2015, 11:57:30 PM
Keep at it RF, Spain is going on the annual ride list but we're going to stop outside Rybes place on the way just to  :wheel him up   :bad

and just to think, ive thrown away the red carpet  :icon_lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: rf9rider on April 13, 2014, 05:52:41 PM
So plan B it is then.

Cleaned up the mounting hole for the petrol tap and fitted the new one, along with the petrol cap.

Leaving this one as well for a week to check for leaks.

Looks like i`ll be riding this year with a crappy looking tank until i can either get this one resprayed or repair the other one somehow.

It`s only taken 4 years, but i`ve finally taken the tank to the sprayers!  :m