News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First Track Day - Heartland Park Topeka w/ RideSmart

Started by EvilBetty, September 22, 2011, 12:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

EvilBetty

The Tiger just loves the curves.  It was so wild to be taken in the straights by 600cc bikes but yet catch them in the turns.   :shock:

We were all beginners though.  I'm sure an experienced rider on a Ninja 650r would have taken me every time in the curves.

If I wasn't so damn heavy The 1050 Tiger probably could have kept up on the straights better too.

ChazzyB

Great fun!

Why were your lights all taped over?
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

EvilBetty

Old track rules...

Mainly for when lenses were glass... kept the track from being covered in bits of glass from a collision or fall.

Now mostly just to block light that may distract riders.

Because my taillight was LED, I had to cover it in about 4 layers to block the light from it.

rf9rider

Did you get your knee down?  :lol:

I remember my first track day on my RF900 at Mallory Park, great fun.

The Tiger looks a bit strange amongst the race bikes, although  i`m thinking of doing one on the Steamer next year.

EvilBetty

No I was wearing textile gear so my knees stayed comfortably above the tarmac.  :)

HockleyBoy

Nice one, looks like great fun.

Will have to find a beginners track day for myself next summer.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

oxnsox

Haha... now I can see why you're looking at the Duke.
I just spent the weekend helping out on a training course, unfortunately here we only have a cart track (short and tight, no room for speed on a bike), still it's great to be able to circulate on a track and have the odd peg touchdown thru the corners
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"s, although  i`m thinking of doing one on the Steamer next year.

they do 'supermoto' track days at cadwell, so would fit in there..  :)