News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

my ride to england

Started by rybes, September 22, 2011, 06:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

made it. 750 miles and im here. wernt without its dramas tho :lol: first 300 miles was in the pourin rain. so glad i had a mates house in germany to crash in that night. day 2 was nice n dry. 350 miles to go and a ferry to catch by 2.30. was 5 minutes late  :( so had to wait 5 hours for the next one.
best part about that journy was, the carbs sprung a leak in holland but somehow fixed itself by the time we got on the ferry. this mornin after a good fry up at harwich was ridin home and decided to race a xjr 1200 throo the traffic. was all goin well till i went to change gear and me gear shift broke clean in half. rode the last 30 miles in 4th gear. so glad it happened then and not in germany. cheers NeilD the one you sent me was waitin for me when i got here so all is well again. tmora i got 250 miles to go to Co. durham for a weekend away.
part 2.....aint done it yet so youll have to wait   :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Where in co. Durham? That,s where I hail frey.......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

barnard castle bob. stayin in a field of a pub called the moorcock  :wink:

rybes

bloody hell what a journy. never travelled so far on a bike. all i can say is, whys i leave it this late to do. i was young once  :lol:
got to the site were we was stayin, in the drak. tent erectin is so much more fun in the dark.
went for a ride out saturday and that was odd. the place were we was stayin is fulla hills and little vallys. every vally had its own weather. went from drizzle to red hot sun too ridin in the clouds we was so high up.
after 2 days there headed back to where we were stayin before the ferry. pretty easy ride, smallish traffic jam to weave throo the cars makin em all wish there were on steamers  :wink: ride back here was smooth and trouble free. finish of journy wed clocked up 1704 miles. cant wait to go on a long journy again. sorry theres no pics, i forgot to take a camera.
the only downside to doin a journy that long, takes for ever to clean the bike when ya get home  :roll: