News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I did the deal

Started by lwad, December 15, 2004, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwad

and swopped my Vor 503 SM for a Tiger 855.  I'm now getting some everyday riding in by commuting my 40 mile round trip to work (country lanes), even though is't around 3 degrees C and dark on my way home. I've just put new Anakees on, so once they're scrubbed in and I'm used to the bike I can really start having fun.

I have loads of questions, but I'll keep it to a couple at the moment:

1.  I filled my tank up, but after 100 miles the fuel guage was in the red.  The Fuel warning light did not come on though.  Is this normal?  I would expect nearly 200 miles to a tankfull.

2.  I looking into heated grips.  Everyone rates them, but you all seem to use the Triemph ones at around £110.  Is there any problems with usering other brands, as MOTRAX do a set for £39.  I know you generally pay for what you get, but then you also pay extra for a name.

Thanks in advance.

Badger

There is a known problem with some Tiger fuel guages. Best to go by the mileage.

I have the Triumph grips fitted as they were suplied with the bike but You can get the Oxford heated grips on ebay for under £30 at the moment. They are supposed to be very good.

Oh and welcome to the Tiger nuthouse.  :D
Growing Old Disgracefully

mcilvenny

Go with the Oxford grips, I have them fitted on my bike and can definately recommend them. Cant see why people pay huge ammounts of money for genuine kit !!!
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

SIBBO

Good info guys,

i am going to fit heated grips myself so i think i will save myself the £70 and spend it on some other trinkets for my pride and joy

:D

lwad

Thanks for the info.

Are the Oxford grips rubber or plastic?  

Are the Tiger bars 22mm?

SIBBO

These are just the thoughts i had lwad,i reckon these look like good value

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

the temperature on these is adjustable something i dont believe the genuine parts do.........but i will be prepared to stand corrected.

lwad

cheers Sibbo,

I've been looking on Ebay as well.  There does seem to be a few to choose from (avoiding the heated overgrips).

I just remember the comment on the Motrax ones saying they are rubber and not plastic (which means some companies must do plastic ones), someting I didn't consider checking before.  I don't want plastic grips.

Badger

Quote from: "SIBBO"These are just the thoughts i had lwad,i reckon these look like good value

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEWA:IT

the temperature on these is adjustable something i dont believe the genuine parts do.........but i will be prepared to stand corrected.

Sibbo

Have a look at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 36521&rd=1 £5 cheaper than your find and cheaper postage.
Growing Old Disgracefully

SIBBO

ChrisN

Nice swop Iwad, welcome onboard. Keep the questions coming...
Chris