News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

a little 'bonding' session...

Started by NeilD, September 28, 2011, 07:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

the sun was out, i had a day off so decided to have a proper day out with the BBB...  up to Whitby (everytime I go there I wonder why), then on to Scarborough, which was far nicer...
I even managed a 'lap' of the Olivers Mount circuit  :D   for those who dont know, the 'circuit' is basically a narrow public road through a park which hosts 4 (?) events a year?

thats the starting grid in the background

P1020116 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

and Race Control  8)

P1020110 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

the war memorial at the top of the circuit/park

P1020109 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

and the view... by 'eck it could almost be the Mediterranean  :D

P1020103 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

finished the day off with chips n mushy peas at Wetwang...

about 250 miles, bike didnt miss a beat although petrol consumption was arounf 45 to the gallon on the way back? I must admit I was exploring the performance envelope  :D  on the way home but less MPG than I expected?

Bixxer Bob

45 is about right if you push it.  Or at least that's what I average.  I used to get low 50s while I was getting to know her but that was a long time ago.  Going up to Durham tomorrow and home on Sat afternoon so, all being well, I plan to come back Guisboro' Whitby, Scarboro' Beverley, Humber Bridge, Lincoln, Sleaford, Kings Lynn, Swaffham and home.  You'll notice there's no motorway except 1 junction just before (or is it just after?) the bridge.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Hey NeilD !! good to hear yer gettin on fine with BBB  :lol:

was enjoyin the grrreat pics and RR up untill ya mentioned the.........

mushy peas !! Barf !!  :shock:

:wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

NeilD

sounds like a good thrash, I mean trip, BB and the weather looks promising for you, although I expect the world, his wife and dog will be around the coast ...  the road from Whitby to Scarborough was very nice, and I always enjoy the blatt up and across the hilly bits past RAF Staxton Wold..  :)  watch out for unmarked plod bike (last heard it was a black blackbird) on the section from wetwang to beverley - I kept having visions yesterday of me making a starring appearence in the next series of Police Camera Action!  :D    yeah the motorway is south of the bridge after the dual carriageway, but I go straight across and home either through Birgg or down past Humberside airport towards Caistor then Horncastle..