News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers Tigers everywhere...

Started by ridin gaijin, December 16, 2004, 01:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

...Well, maybe not everywhere...but in more places than I'd thought. Today was el tigre's 1st service and what should I behold, down at PJ's Triumph in Albuquerque, but another Tiger. No--make that two!

Holy crumbs, this is as many as I'd thought were in the whole state! (See post over on 2nd page of Has Anyone Noticed thread.) One was BRG and the other silver...and both were customer orders from back in October finally being delivered. Furthermore, PJ sez he's now sold his entire allotment and can't get any more. Hinckley's done making them, he says: they finished the production run for 2005 and THAT'S IT. Hmmm! Anyone know different?

On a different note it's awesome to finally open the big cat up. So this is what it's like at 7,000 rpm! Wow...sure is fast.

Just wish I could hear the engine over all this f***ing wind noise!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

TigerPilot

hi ridin gaijin,

part of the production stuff you mentioned, as explained to me by the SE Regional Triumph Rep is because here in the States they can't sell them all for that model year thus having to reduce production. Triumphs, specially Tigers and Speed Four are just about the only model of ANY motorcycle manufacturers where they just do not sell all their bikes for that model year. This is why you go to some Triumph dealers and find that they STILL have brand new, never titled 2003 and maybe even some 2002s laying around.

Cycleriders of Florida, one of the biggest Motorcycle Dealers in the Nation carrying EVERY Make and Model Motorcycles thru out all their different dealers still have brand new 2003's and even 2002's SpeedFour currently in their stock...

Glad you are enjoying your bike as much as me!! You should bring it down to FL where is still in the 60's-70's and let go riding some.  ;-)
Work Hard; Play Harder !!!

05 Suzuki SV1000

04 BMW K1200 GT

04 Kawasaki KLR 650

02 Triumph Tiger

Brock

Ridin'...get yerself a race can. Go on. Then you'll hear something else apart from wind noise.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Patrick the Scot

Hey Riding Gaijin;

Being that we are "neighbors", are you interested in a Copper Canyon run this Feb-Mar, '05?  I'm planning on riding the Triumph down to into the Sierra Madres this winter. Might be nice to hook up for a few miles. Also, I'll be in Albuquerque after the first of the year in order to fit a race can/tune at PJ's.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

tri99sprint

Are you planning on attending the Red Rocks Raid to be held in Prescott this coming April 15-17? Should be a Tiger or 2 heading down from behind the Zion Curtain in Utah.
Chuck

ridin gaijin

Hey man, if I can, I will. Sounds like fun! Prescott is only I think 6-7 hrs from here? Question will be--eluding family and business duties...well, maybe if we file our taxes early and get our refund, the trouble & strife will be feeling gooshy and relaxed by 4/15...

BTW Patrick the Scot, I PMd you t'other day

Patrick the Scot

Quotetri99sprint Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you planning on attending the Red Rocks Raid to be held in Prescott this coming April 15-17? Should be a Tiger or 2 heading down from behind the Zion Curtain in Utah.

Chuck;

Can you give anymore info on the Red Rocks Raid?  Also, I must ask (I think I know) what is the "Zion Curtain"?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

tri99sprint

Red Rock Raid, no real info yet, should have entry forms and sign-up info in the next Torque magazine. I will post info as I get it from Triumph, maybe the local dealer knows more, it is their event.

As for the "Zion Curtain", think about the predominant influence in Utah......well, this might not be the appropiate site for this discussion. Anyway, you get the idea.

Going riding today, may as well take advantage ot he sunshine and snow free roads while I can! The high today is forcast for 40,àûF. Thank goodness for electric vests!
Chuck

Patrick the Scot

Yeah, the Zion Curtain is the reason I did not consider moving to that area when I left Austin. To bad, because of what I have seen of Zion I liked very much.  Anyhoo, I'll leave said subject alone as well. Hope to see you in Presott.

ridin gaijin

Fucking Mormons. Like Nazis only with 7-11s.

There--I said it.