News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

another help request to electrical weirdo guys plz

Started by klingklang, April 14, 2012, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

I've notice in that last few day that when I start my bike, the light don't turn off as it should be.  I pointed directly the relay and put an anoter one......sad... same thing.  Now this what I'm trying to understant and where to look for.

If I push the start button without pulling the clutch, the cutout relay do the job and close the headlights. Then, while holding the startup switch,  I pull the clucth lever to start the bike every thing work like it should be.

Now, If I do it as it should be: holding the cluch lever and then hitting the startup switch, the cutout is not working and still have the headlights on along the whole process.....

???????

Timbox2

First thing Id try is the clutch lever switch, known to give issues, try taking it out and spraying with WD40 or similar.
2016 Tiger Sport

klingklang

clutch lever switch fine.  thank you

klingklang

update:   when I unplug the starter relay input, (the wire comming from the cutout relay and clutch swith) every thing is ok.  

When plugged normaly to starter relay, I got 12V in the clutch switch wire when I push the start switch.  I don't thigh it should if my small comprehension of those wires are good.

Mustang

was the relay you replaced the correct one there are a couple of different types, ie as to what contacts are switched are in different location so the plug is not right .

klingklang

I think so,     30,87,87A,85,86 where at the same place.  it is a normal car (bosh type) relay, right?

klingklang

I'm starting to thing it is the startup switch tiself.  Because of all the trial I did , my bettery became weak.  So last night I put it on the battery tender and today everything was working kind of ok. Depend on the pressure I put on the startup switch,  the cutout relay is working or not.  I'm going to open that and see.