News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Most expensive bike in the world...

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 31, 2011, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

CoolHandLuke

Wow.  First ever motorcycle, first motorcycle accident and first motorcycle fatality.

Nick Calne

First steamer?  :roll:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"First steamer?  :roll:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

jphish

Nickcalne - That was positively EXCELLENT observation. There are no rational opposing arguments. It REALLY was 1st steamer. Nicely done! TTFN, j

Sin_Tiger

Excellent  8)

I especially like "the exhaust gasses exit through a chimney behind the saddle" who was it on here that was thinking of a heated seat for a Steamer?

And "the water is supplied to the boiler from a tank integrated into the saddle" that one doesn't leave much to the imagination  :shock:  a truly long distance machine!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"And "the water is supplied to the boiler from a tank integrated into the saddle" that one doesn't leave much to the imagination  :shock:  a truly long distance machine!

Although there is no accommodation for the kegs of beer to provide the saddle-integrated water supply. Design failure.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Nick Calne

We might all scoff at this 'steamer' but think about it....

This thing runs on charcoal.  

That's kiln dried sticks of wood.  Charcoal is a wholly renewable energy source, and with petrol prices so high that thing is not the past, it's probably the future!   :roll:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"We might all scoff at this 'steamer' but think about it....

This thing runs on charcoal.  

That's kiln dried sticks of wood.  Charcoal is a wholly renewable energy source, and with petrol prices so high that thing is not the past, it's probably the future!   :roll:

Ah the future, I forsee the woodlands of Wiltshire disappearing in a cloud of steam  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I only collect and burn what I've crashed into!