News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Am I a wuss???

Started by BP_LONDON, December 21, 2004, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Im going to have my Touratech bars fitted by a triumph dealer. I don't have the tools neccesary, the space needed, and I don't have a centrestand either. Ok, so am I a wimp for not wanting doing this myself????  :shock:  :o  :oops:

I reckon I'll leave the swearing and muscle time to someone else while I peruse the lates tbike magazines and sip a cup of tea. :mrgreen:  8-[

Barns

Yes, you're a wuss, although it would be difficult without tools unless your teeth are particularly good.  :lol:

TigerTim

Having read all the postings here I was starting to get "cold feet" about fitting mine, and too began thinking about letting my dealer do the job :oops:  But I've got a garage, all the tools (save for that torx thingie) so I couldn't, could I  :?

Should anyone here see a silver 05 Tiger having crash bars fitted at a dealership in Gloucester it's not mine, alright  :wink:

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Barns"Yes, you're a wuss, although it would be difficult without tools unless your teeth are particularly good.  :lol:

:o  :oops:  [-(  :mrgreen:

Badger

Definately a wuss. If you fancy a trip to Basingstoke I'll fit it for you.
Growing Old Disgracefully

abell

If you were unsure and didn't feel you wanted to do it yourself, then you did the right thing. Better a wuss with confidence in your bike than a non-wuss with bits falling off on the highway!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Chris Canning

If you haven't got the kit,the time,or somewhere nice and warm at this time of year and you can afford it then i'd go to a dealer.

I've changed wheels,brakes, suspension(what a shit the rear shock is)wired a yellow box into the speedo,had the swing arm out and can put a set of plugs in 45 minutes,but found the bars a complete arse to fit maybe it was the German instructions or maybe i just got out of bed the wrong side!!!!!.

Chris

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Badger"Definately a wuss. If you fancy a trip to Basingstoke I'll fit it for you.

Are you sure Badger?? Basingstoke is a stone's throw away from me in London, I'd definitely take you up on that offer but I'd feel guilty about you doing it for nothing.

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Chris Canning"If you haven't got the kit,the time,or somewhere nice and warm at this time of year and you can afford it then i'd go to a dealer.

I've changed wheels,brakes, suspension(what a shit the rear shock is)wired a yellow box into the speedo,had the swing arm out and can put a set of plugs in 45 minutes,but found the bars a complete arse to fit maybe it was the German instructions or maybe i just got out of bed the wrong side!!!!!.

Chris

That's my prob Chris - especially the 'warm place' thing is missing out of my equasion - wait, there's always the living room, but I'm pretty sure my lovely wife would not be too happy with that... :o  :shock:

Chris Canning

Hi BP

Well thats were i have you at a disadvantage i walk straight out of my living room into my garage,fitted carpet big and big double rad,it's called priority!!!!

Chris

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Hi BP

Well thats were i have you at a disadvantage i walk straight out of my living room into my garage,fitted carpet big and big double rad,it's called priority!!!!

Chris
:o  :shock:  :shock:  :o  :-$  8-[

Sounds awesome. I'm not envious, not at all  :evil:  :evil:

Chris Canning

It may sound good now!!! but you've no idea of the financial pain involved!!! all water under the bridge some years ago i'm glad to say!.

Chris

Brock

Chris isn't joking. His garage is smarter than most folks' lounges.

I felt like I should have taken my shoes off when I walked in.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Kill Switch

Hmmm.  Maybe you should have bought HB's instead.

ridin gaijin

I would rate you pretty low on the gaijin wussometer under the following rationale.

This is not going to be something you reasonably expect to do more than once, and once done, there's little you might reasonably expect to do to change it. You are highly unlikely to need to know how to fit, de-fit, fix, or otherwise unfuck these bars if you break down in Outer Camelback. So why bother? This is not, in other words, going to be a regular part of your Tigering experience. If you don't have the tools and for some reason you're being a baby about dropping the engine on the floor, screw it. Have them do it and with a clear conscience.

Fixing a flat, changing oil, tensioning chains--these are all things you'll want to know how to do. Those of us who are far from our dealers (or expect to get that way eventually) need to step up. But this isn't like that.

Gaijin Wussometer:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

0.1..2..3..4.5..6..7..8..9..MAX
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...