News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Am I a wuss???

Started by BP_LONDON, December 21, 2004, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henski

I fitted a set to my tiger about 2 months ago, Once i got going it wasn't too bad but I did have to buy a Torx socket bit and a torque wrench which cost a few quid then I went and stripped the thread on the top left had side nut for the torx bolt (thank god it wasn't threaded into the engine block) and had to get another orderd form my dealer, so all in all it probably cost the same as if I'd gone to him in the first place, but I'm still glad I did it though. Go to your dealer if you don't have the tools I agree with some of the other posts.

Note that if you have or are intending fitting the Metisse stainless steel grills for the oil cooler and radiator, I had to cut mine round the Touratech bars too fit properly.

robbo

BP,

I have a motto, if you want a job doing right and you want it doing fast. Pay some bugger who knows how to do the job.

Robbo
best Regards

Robbo

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "robbo"BP,

I have a motto, if you want a job doing right and you want it doing fast. Pay some bugger who knows how to do the job.

Robbo

LMAO!!!!!! :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"I would rate you pretty low on the gaijin wussometer under the following rationale.

This is not going to be something you reasonably expect to do more than once, and once done, there's little you might reasonably expect to do to change it. You are highly unlikely to need to know how to fit, de-fit, fix, or otherwise unfuck these bars if you break down in Outer Camelback. So why bother? This is not, in other words, going to be a regular part of your Tigering experience. If you don't have the tools and for some reason you're being a baby about dropping the engine on the floor, screw it. Have them do it and with a clear conscience.

Fixing a flat, changing oil, tensioning chains--these are all things you'll want to know how to do. Those of us who are far from our dealers (or expect to get that way eventually) need to step up. But this isn't like that.

Gaijin Wussometer:

|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|

0.1..2..3..4.5..6..7..8..9..MAX

Thank you Gaijin!  Very good post, totally logical imo!

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Kill Switch"Hmmm.  Maybe you should have bought HB's instead.

Huh? HB's? :-k

Dick Boyer

The first mistake is not having a center stand. Best money you can spend to start on a Tiger.

Patrick the Scot

QuoteYou are highly unlikely to need to know how to fit, de-fit, fix, or otherwise unfuck these bars if you break down in Outer Camelback. So why bother?

Ridin Gaijin- I love your spin on written New Mexican english lanquage. Good laugh here in Tejas.

BP - Just get it done one way or another...the end result is what you are after.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

tomla

this is coming from a guy who is making his own crashbars....you are not a wuss...we all have our strenghts....yours is just something else.

I'm curious, though.  Why post asking everyone if you're a wuss or not??

One thing i've noticed about tiger riders...they're not a particularly mechanical bunch....so be it.

Badger

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"
Quote from: "Badger"Definately a wuss. If you fancy a trip to Basingstoke I'll fit it for you.

Are you sure Badger?? Basingstoke is a stone's throw away from me in London, I'd definitely take you up on that offer but I'd feel guilty about you doing it for nothing.

Not a problem. I'll pm you with my contact info. By the way have you got a centre stand as this does make it a lot easier to jack up the engine.
Growing Old Disgracefully

SIBBO

BP did you win those bars from ebay? did you save much?

When you go to Badger to get them fitted i would'nt mind tagging along for the ride and to meet  someone else from this forum.......if thats okay with you Badger!

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Badger"
Quote from: "BP_LONDON"
Quote from: "Badger"Definately a wuss. If you fancy a trip to Basingstoke I'll fit it for you.

Are you sure Badger?? Basingstoke is a stone's throw away from me in London, I'd definitely take you up on that offer but I'd feel guilty about you doing it for nothing.

Not a problem. I'll pm you with my contact info. By the way have you got a centre stand as this does make it a lot easier to jack up the engine.

Unfortunately I don't have a centrestand Badger. This is the major factor why I can't try and fit them myself - If this proves to be a problem then I'll take the bike to a dealer with a lift etc. - Maybe I should have a centrestand fitted while I'm at it. Ouch, soooo easy to spend money on these bikes :o

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"BP did you win those bars from ebay? did you save much?

When you go to Badger to get them fitted i would'nt mind tagging along for the ride and to meet  someone else from this forum.......if thats okay with you Badger!

Yes thanks SIBBO. They're the ones you posted about being available on eBay. I got a good deal and did not have to wait a month for them to arrive from Touratech!

SIBBO

Thought that was you because when i checked the highest bidders feedback they had also bought a arai tour x.

Eat your heart out Poirot :)

Badger

Quote from: "SIBBO"...When you go to Badger to get them fitted i would'nt mind tagging along for the ride and to meet  someone else from this forum.......if thats okay with you Badger!...

It looks as if BP is going to get them fitted at a dealer and have the centrestand fitted at the same time.

There's nothing to stop us having a get together though. Wait until after Christmas and maybe have a meet at Boxhill or somewhere.
Growing Old Disgracefully

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Thought that was you because when i checked the highest bidders feedback they had also bought a arai tour x.

Eat your heart out Poirot :)

Heheh. You are indeed correct... :P