News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This months Performance Bikes

Started by Chris Canning, December 22, 2004, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Strange mag to do a comparison between a Tiger,BM,Kawasaki KLV and KTM but interesting reading non the less, have a look at the performance figures.

Chris

abell

Can you summarize for those of us who can't get a copy?  : )
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

ridin gaijin

:?: Yeah, what's it say?? And what's a KLV?
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

TigerTim

Quote from: "ridin gaijin":?: Yeah, what's it say?? And what's a KLV?

Think a KLV's the Kwack badged Suzuki VStrom

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

Chris Canning

Well haveing read it twice,i'm little taken aback!!! Performance Bikes isn't what you'd class a heavyweight mag but the write up is a little difficult to exsplain as they give all four a fair crack of the whip,they go for the KTM because of the performance but are honest enough to say because thats what the mags about, but all four get a decent write up,but with some interesting comments on each.

It's more a case of haveing the sense to read between the lines,like the Ktoom is fast but  uncomfortable and has a crap fuel range,you pays yer money and take yer choice,but considering some of the crap i've read in supposedly more serious mag's was pleasantly supprised at the overall write up,and the peformance chart also makes interesting reading.

The GS made 128.26mph vTiger 124.10 but the 40-90mph in top was10.81 for the GS.Tiger was 9.94!!.

Chris

abell

I always wonder about the "real worldness" of the figures mags post. I would not dream of shifting into top at 40mph...unless I was on a fifty!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Chris Canning

Your takeing things literally!!!,it's a means to an end you've got to have some kind of test,doesn't matter if it's 40,50,60 what ever it shows the difference in motors.

Blimey with my 19 tooth sprocket on the front mine doesn't like anything under 70 in top.

Chris

Badger

I don't believe a lot of the $h1t they write in the mags. They are totally biased.

Who was it who said that "minds are like parachutes. They only work when they're open" I think the writers ought to apply that wisdom to thier reviews.
Growing Old Disgracefully

Chris Canning

Well you have to read these tests with a element of common sense,like they ain't paying for e'm!!!,but no different to some of the bias points of view you read on here!!!,and thats why i mentioned the test,I'd had the Two Wheels mag for some time before anything was mentioned on here,(not by me) as i felt it was bollox,but the PB give's a fair hearing for all the bikes.

Chris

Brock

Just read the PB test report. I reckon the ol' Tiger comes out of it pretty good. Bearing in mind she's up against the GS12 and the KTM (both having had a LOT of money spent on their development), and she's not exactly had much development thrown at her since the 955i mill was fitted, I reckon she more than holds her own.

In fact I'm so impressed I'm going right out after the holiday to buy one. Hang on...I've already got one. Well, lucky old me. And she's black, too.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Badger

Quote from: "Brock"...In fact I'm so impressed I'm going right out after the holiday to buy one. Hang on...I've already got one. Well, lucky old me. And she's black, too.

Go out and buy a proper orange one. You know you want to.  :)
Growing Old Disgracefully

Brock

Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Mr Mistoffelees

naaahh make it SILVER  - much Faster  :lol:
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions