News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant Change / Flush

Started by Mustang, December 12, 2011, 06:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

per the big white Bible :

use a premix of 50/50 prestone or even the store brand of your choice .
1 gallon jug will be more than enough , you'll have almost enough left over to do it again next time .

London_Phil

I know this is an old post, but as I am approaching the job in the new year I wondered if anyone has an opinion, (everyone has an opinion, come on!!)
I note in this post Mustang mentions Prestone.
Now, as it happens, we have Costco over here, and they do the Prestone Yellow, One type fits everything stuff, which I use in various vehicles.
Also available in smaller premix bottles from Wilkinsons.
I know its a 5 year brew, so likely an OAT ( Organic Acid Technology) based type, but according to the bottle it can be used with all types on vehicles of all ages, so
Anyone have an opinion  ( note, I'm not asking whats the best)

Regards, Phil

HeavyHustler

Ok.  So I was just reading about coolant the other day and found out something I didn't know.  If you mix these two different coolants (can't remember the names) it will turn brown!  Like rust.
I did this by accident in my speed triple.  Didn't know why it went rusty brown until I came across that article.
Now I know..... :icon_rolleyes:

Use whatcha like.  :hat10

ram33

do not mix Organic Acid Technology a/f with Ethylene Glycol as it can turn into jelly stuff
tiger 885 / fzs1000
bmw 335d / rr evoque

ssevy

I used the Star Brite coolant in my two triples. Really runs cool, as my fan hardly ever kicks on.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.