News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

not many hours to go

Started by rybes, January 01, 2012, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

to another ride back to england. leavin tmora bout 11ish. first stop fat bob in germany. for a small price of cakes n beers i get a bed for the night. then on to holland to catch a ferry to harwich. not a bad way to start the new year i spose. jus sucks cos its a trip i dont wanna do. oh well, here goes.............
ill post pics when im in england  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Timbox2

Ride safe mate, Wednesday onwards weather not looking too bad East England. Im giving the Teutonic Girl a little blast out to the Malvern Hills tomorrow.
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

cheers mate. ive jus checked the weather and the 600 odd miles i got to ride over here it shall be rainin most of it  :(  oh well, spose all i can do is shut up whinin n jus get on with it  :wink:

Mustang

rybes

heres some pics for ya then mustang and a lil write up of me journy. not many pictures of the 2nd days ridin cos of the weather. english people, remember the storm you had on tues ? i was ridin through germany and holland in that all day long.  :roll:

well, what an eventful trip that was. started off leavin denmark about 1pm. outside the weather was cold but clearish sunny skies. was a nice day really. not much to say really bout the ride through Denmark as it was hassle free and done in one trip. my first top was this sign post. a warnin that ya goin into germany ? is it really that scarey ?

was my first real sign i was on a big long ride. the sky at this post in denmark looked like this

and if i turned my head right ever so slighty, the weather in germany looked like this

so onto germany i went all of 1 km when i stumbled across this sign

so it appears im in Germany. should i be wearin leather layder hosen and callin everyone fritz ?

a little further down the road i pulled in for for fuels for me n the bike. at a big border services. got allsorts of shops there. most importantly, it has a burger king.
so i fed me n the bike and carried on me way to hotel du bob for the night. in exchange for beer and cake i received a bacon roll, a bed and breakfast. good deal if ya ask me. thanks bob.
left bobs bout 9 30ish. the sky outside was nice and clear if not a lil chilly but another good day for ridin. jus down the road from boibs i saw this, thought it looked nice so i took a pic.

and the opposite side of the road was this

so about 20 mins later i find meself on the autobahn here goes for silly speed time. altho, its a strange feelin when your doin 100mph n thinkin ya a proper road god over takin everythin only to get passed by a merc or bmw doin easily 150mph. a tad sacry first time that happens.
after about 5 mins of ridin the wind started pickin up. bloody windy as well as it was makin me change lanes when it gusted. keeps ya on ya toes when ya in triple figures on the speedo. to make things even trickeir, the german coucil was out fixin a big junction, so there was cones everywhere and i had no clue of how it went. so i shut me eyes n gunned it an made it through.
after travellin for about an hour i started to wonder why i couldnt see no signs to the way i was goin. so i thought id better check. pulled in to a services to check a map n find im headin for frankfurt not osnabruk. hmmm, how far off am i ? 50 miles bollocks ! looked at the map but couldnt see an easy way to go cross country so it was back the way i came to get me where i wanted to be. silly twat ! ya missed ya junction. so after an hour of beatin meself up i was back where i started. asked the german AA man who was pulled up where osnabruck was. he couldnt speak english, so it was charades time to find out where i had to go. its at this time i notice im back at the road works and the aa man says i need road 2 which is off this junction. eh ? turns out the roadworks was were the junction is i shoulda took to get to osnabruck. but as it was bein fixed or summink there was no bloody road signs up !
so off on the road to osnabruck to find the road sign that says amsterdam. there it is ! bollocks ! missed that junction too. so apart from bein knocked about in the wind and loosin me way once, i have to turn round again. twat !
get on the right road and head to holland. couple of hours down the road it starts to rain, when i say rain i mean i thought the tide was comin in. jesus christ, never rode in rain like this before. that went on for about an hour which made me see i was jus about to enter holland, so i stopped to take this pic

and this pic

3 down one to go. got back on me bike and off i went, into the rain. oh yeah and the wind, still makin me change lanes still nearly killin me. not long into the ride it started to rain. if i thought the last lot of rain was bad, that was a summer shower compared to this rain. was comin down that hard i could hardly see the car in front of me and he had his fog lights on. that went on for oooh about 2 hours. well it mighta been 2 hours coulda been 20 mins. ya see, it rained that hard it pushed water inside me visor so i thought it was still rainin hard. who knows how long the rain had stopped for.
pulled into a services to clean me visor and dry it off and got talkin to a dutch bloke about how far i had to go. he reckoned about an hour. bloody good job too cos im gettin tired. managed to find me way to the ferry. glad too as i was so tired by this point, it was hard work to stay on the bike without fallin off. i was knackered. glad i didnt fall off too. the road that leads to the ferry has 15 foot drops each side. oh well, spose fallin down one n not bein found is incentive enough not to fall over the edge.
went to a cafe in the town n sat down and had the biggest burger n chips they did, twice.
got to the ferry at 7 30. got me ticket and went through passport control. the customs bloke asked where id come from in a polite way and i told him hamburg, shoulda seen his face. it was a mix of disbelief and confusion. then he jus lowered his head shock it and give me my passport back and off to the boat i went. got on the boat, went n had a couple of pints as i thought id earned em went back to me room n had a shower and promptly fell asleep.
was woken in the mornin by bobby mcferrins, dont worry be happy. still, spose theres worse ways to be woken up at 5 30 am. altho i dont think i was awake, i got up

of the boat i get to be greeted with

so im back then.
ridin back through england was a challenge. for the last 750 miles i was ridin 80-100mph on lovely condition clear roads. comin back here was a shock i can tell ya. took some gettin used to drivin on single carriage way roads at 50mph. that lasted all of 30 mins till i wentr back into euro ridin mode, so much more fun.
first stop in england was brekkies in norwich. one mega fry up, no beans and a cup of lemon tea. one of the very few things i actually dont lie about that i miss lol.
next stop before gettin back was to horsey beach to surprise a mate. which i did, mission accomplished. while i was there i took these photos

Bixxer Bob

you rode all the way from the ferry to Norwich before stopping for breakfast? where did you dock?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

harwich mate. about 80 miles and in euro mode about an hour n arf  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

just re-read, Harwich. I was thinking Dover for a minute  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

I'm not far away, beween Watton and Swaffham :D

rybes

im jus outside yarmouth. might have t pay ya a visit one day.

Bixxer Bob

visitors are always welcome :lol:

rf9rider

Fair play to you for riding in that weather mate.
Was bad enough in my 44 ton artic  :lol:

KuzzinKenny

Hey rybes !! Good to see ya made it over ok !!  :thumbsup

no wonder you were gettin blown about in the wind, with that pack on the back actin like a sail  :lol: time for panniers me thinks  :wink:

hope ya have a better ride back !!  :)

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Glad to see you took your yoga mat for a bit of relaxation on the way  :lol:

Looks like your fork gators got washed away in the rain  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Glad to see you took your yoga mat for a bit of relaxation on the way  :lol:

In that weather it would have been better used as a prayer mat  :lol: