News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Scottoiler Twin Nib conversion

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 18, 2012, 06:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

For sin Tiger ( and anyone else that fancies a go.. )

Nothing to this once you study the pics really.  Make up a bracket that straddles the underside of the swingarm, solder to it a tube that's a similar size to the Scottoiler feed tube.  Into that tube solder two tubes the same size as the black nib tubing supplied with the Scottoiler, that you've already bent to fit either side of your sprocket.  Line the inside of the bracket that goes onto the swingarm with a couple of self-adhesive sticky pads and zip tie it in place with one zip tie going right round the swingarm.  It goes through a hole in the bracket which I forgot to draw.  Make up the nibs in the usual way and use some Scottoiler tube to make a short flexible coupling between them and the fixed tubes.  Make sure the tubes don't get blocked with solder and adjust the length of the overhang on the bracket to line up the tube with the sprocket.  Oh, and my drawing's a bit off in that my nibs rest on the ridge on the sprocket just under the teeth, not on the edge as I've drawn.

I used brass tube and bracket throughout because it solders easily and is weatherproof, all obtained from my local model aircraft shop.

This doesn't have the flow rate balancer that the Scottoiler twin nib fitting has, (it's only a bit of foam anyway) but it's not needed.  Mine oils both sides effectively on both the Tiger and the 'Bird.

Side view

End view

Top view

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Thanks Bob  :bowdown

Was wondering if a Scotoiler sticky in the Farckles topic might be worthwhile since it's such a regular topic, all the knowledge and pics getting consolidated there?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

An extra I did when putting this together was get a length of aluminium tube for the model shop and using a small guage tube bender make up a tube from the Scottoiler to the front of the swingarm then flex tube for around the pivot.  It's a lot neater than 15" of plastic tube haning about.

Not a brilliant one, but here's a shot:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

daveb

This jogged my memory, one of the guys made something similar a few years ago for a Yamaha TDM900, but it involves some machining.

Bixxer Bob

I was about to say a much more professional job than my knock up from bits I had lying around, then I saw the mount - which seems somewhat over-engineered  :shock:

daveb

it looks good but it still only does the same as your Bob  :D

Bob Tosi

How does these fair off road?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"