News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Buying Oil filters in Oz

Started by Mossy, February 17, 2012, 01:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy

When I bought our bike I spoke to the previous owner and one of the things he did was change the oil and filter every 5,000km. This is also the period I normally service all my other vehicles so I figure I may as well continue doing this. So it will be due in another 1500km.
Question for the Aussies among you is, what are the best filters to use and where do you get them? Bearing in mind the nearest Triumph dealer is 300km away and to get something posted from the east coast usually takes about the same time as something from the UK.
Should I buy the filter removal tool and stick with original type filters or go for the ones with a built in hexagon for removal?

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

KuzzinKenny

Hey Mossy !! have a looky here..........

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4017

you should be able to get a cross ref No.  :wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

cosmo

Got a Nissan dealer near?? 15208 - 9E000 Nissan filter fits. 15208 - 65F0A also fits, but is a bit smaller in diameter.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.