News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Givi screen fitted

Started by Boxmonkey, February 22, 2012, 01:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boxmonkey

I installed a Givi screen on the T800 tonight. Hopefully I will be able to try it out later this week, and give some feedback. The stock screen was working fine for me until I installed XC risers. Now I am sitting more upright and getting some turbulence. Hopefully this will cure that. It is quite a bit taller than the oem, and has a lip at the top.
Tiger 800 ABS

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Boxmonkey

Well the outlook isn't good at the moment, but I will give it a few more trips to be sure. I rode the 25 miles to work this morning with the new Givi, and I'm not too impressed. However it is a windy day with 15 - 25 mph winds. So far up to 60 mph, it is great. But after that, I feel like a bobble head doll. It could be the helmet (Icon Variant), so I will try the HJC next week.
Tiger 800 ABS

Boxmonkey

On the return trip home this afternoon, I tried moving the seat into the high position. While it did help, I still had a headache when I got home from the vibrating. I guess the turbulence I was getting with the stock screen wasn't as bad as I thought. It may be off to fleabay for the Givi.
Tiger 800 ABS

NeilD

interesting, as someone over on the 800 forum has just fitted one of these and reckons its the best thing ever!  just goes to prove that screens are very much a personal thing... hope you find a set up that suits you..

Sin_Tiger

It takes a brave man to say he bought a pig in a poke and then stand in front of everyone else and say, learn by my mistakes. Respect :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Boxmonkey

The worst part will be listening to my wife rib me about buying something that didn't work. Screens and seats seem to be all about personal preference. While it may not work for me, others may love them. Since I prefer the dual sport style helmet, I want something that works well with that helmet type. I also prefer a little more airflow than the Givi provided during the warm weather. Jacket vents do not work well without some airflow. For what it's worth, I am 6ft tall with a 32in inseam. So taller or shorter riders may like the Givi better.
Tiger 800 ABS

Boxmonkey

I took a 40 mile ride today with the Givi, and my HJC helmet(IS16). While it was better, I still get more vibration than I want. I forgot to mention in the earlier thread that my bike does have hand guards also, and I know they sometimes cause altered airflow.
Tiger 800 ABS

Sin_Tiger

Try taking your mirrors off, seriously, ride without them, where safe to do so, for a bit. I saw a write up long time ago from a troubled Roadie owner who went over to bar ends after he tried it.

NKL

Hand guards can change things as well, on my old Girly I changed to Touratech hand guards and it changed the turbulence around my head.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100