News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got T-Boned by a Volvo

Started by River, April 28, 2012, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

Cager ran a stop sign and hit me on the left side of the bike. Me and the bike went airborn. Landed on the right side and stopped instantly. Rode and walked away. Minimal damage to both rider and bike. Lets hear it for crash bars and hard bags :?

brum brum brum

Bixxer Bob

Glad you're ok and good to see minimal damage :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

AK Tiger

Wow.  Sure glad you're able to write!   :shock:   After reading the subject line, I expected to see R-rated carnage!
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

HockleyBoy

Glad to hear you are ok. Those are some crash bars, really have done thie job!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

River

Thanks guys, I am glad I came out OK. Experience helped me walk away 8)
brum brum brum

Chad

wow  , you did well to come out of that unscathed :shock: perhaps landing like a cat is your superpower  :D

those are some pretty serious crash bars would you mind if i ask who makes them ?

it looks like you have a very good excuse for some of mustangs footpegs now  :D
Despacio. Hay m\'as tiempo que vida

River

Thanks Chad...yes Sir, I am very lucky.

Those crash bars are custom fabbed...and work well. I could take different pics if you wanted, fort attachment points and such. :D
brum brum brum

Chad

Quote from: "River"Thanks Chad...yes Sir, I am very lucky.

Those crash bars are custom fabbed...and work well. I could take different pics if you wanted, fort attachment points and such. :D

if you wouldnt mind that would be great , they sure did their job :friday

River

They did a stellar job, with minimal damage to them as well. I just dropped the bike off at the shop to get inspected and repaired. When I get it back I will get all of the measurements and pics posted (most likely a different thread). I am at work till June 6 then I fly home. :P
brum brum brum

Chad

ok mate give us a heads up when you do  :thumbsup

2doggs

2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple