News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DIY XC Importation

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 05, 2012, 02:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 27, 2012, 12:59:29 AM
Job done, first 400 klicks have been hard work as usual but I'm happy to say my assessment from the test ride stands. As I get more confident in the corners, even with the "deathwings", I realise I'm going into poorly surfaced bends with greater comfort than if I was on the Striple our even the Steamer.

So far the only thing I feel it needs is 25mm bar risers, as everyone here that I know of has fitted,I will reserve judgement on the seat till I've fitted those.
:XXsunsmile

Well done. I think the dealer in Scotland need a rocket up his/her arse.

P.S. it's not Battlewings that are known as deathwings. That'll be the Trailwings. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/14730/ITEM/Bridgestone-TW39-Trail-Wing-Dual-Sport-Front-Tire.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Bridgestone%20Trail%20Wing&WT.MC_ID=10010 rock hard and need road temps of 100C to warm up.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

I stand corrected  :wave I still think I will be changing them for Anakees when the time comes 4k already, anybody done that already?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

They haven't gotten any better with use but sadly are wearing too slowly for my liking, time for a burn out  :sign13

On my last UK trip a month or so ago, I went into the Glasgow dealer to have a chummy word with the sakes guy, "oh he doesn't work here anymore"  :doubt

Added the SW-Mouch gear that I'd been waiting on for a while, main stand, crash bars and Evo Racks. Managed to pick up a used ZARD for decent money, now I will get the right hand rack modified to even up the 2x37 litre Tax boxes. Fitted up the City electric tank bag but found reaching the key switch a bit of a faff with the latest design City bag.

During my visit to the Stealer to get the Zard fitted I spotted a nice looking Triumph tank bag, not the one in the catalogue which I am not so keen on, turned out to be the one for the Dora. Had a play around in the showroom with the bag and a display 800 and praise the Lord it fits very nicely and looks right. After a chat with the sales guy we came to a decent price without the tank bra, which they didn't have in stock anyway and I took it home. Checked it out with the electric tank ring and thankfully its doable, more to follow on that.

Not a great weekend, suspect I strained my back putting her on the main stand as when I turned round to pick up a bag of laundry, ping, oh share, so that was me flat out for the next 24 he's. Got up this morning, slowly, to find the apartment partially blacked out, frantic run around trying to isolate an earth fault and get power back on my fridge and water heater. Several phone calls later I jump in the truck and am greeted by the dreaded stuttering clicks that signify a poorly battery, kick the XC into action and jump start the V6 from it  :eusa_clap can't ask for better than that, will have to treat her to a wash now  :love10 well it is  :new_xmas after all.

Best wishes to all and keep riding safe, especially at this time when peoples minds are on other matters.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint