News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where did your username come from?

Started by hellfire, January 20, 2005, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hellfire

Hi guys'n'gals!

I've been looking at some of your user names :lol:... i was just wondering where you got them? and why.

My username came from my email address, but originaly from the Hellfire air-ground missile used on the Westland Apache AH-64D longbow helicopter.

Those good old days!

Cheers...Andy :wink:
if it\'s not broken then fix it until it is!

Kill Switch

When I first got my Tiger I was riding with a bunch of fellows and went to turn my high beams on.  Hit the kill switch instead.  Big joke.  The name stuck.

Paka

Paka is swahili for cat. There is no word for tiger as they don't have any in africa.

Paka does not have a last name but some online friends suggested the following.

Smokes

Stan

Paka

TigerTim

Obvious, names Tim and I ride a Tiger :lol:

Regards

Tim
I\'m not a complete idiot, some parts are missing

Badger

If you see my hair you will know why I use Badger.  :?
Growing Old Disgracefully

NortonCharlie

My name is Charlie and I road my Norton from 73 when I bought it till 02 when I bought my Tiger.  I tried some other names when signing up on a Tiger mail group and NortonCharlie was the 1st one that came up good.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Wrangler

My handle, admittedly, is lame.   Wore a pair of jeans to work, manufactuer, Wrangler.   Don't normally wear jeans.  My seceratary called to me across the office of co-workers.  "Hey Wrangler".  Next weekend participated in company softball tournament and the name stuck.

Seemed like a good anomynous nombre for internet surfing
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

52blackshadow

When I first started posting on these sites, I was in work, with the memory of a glorious Sunday ride on my Vincent 1952 Black Shadow fresh in my mind. It seemed the obvious choice of user id, and has since stuck over a number of different sites.

All the best,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

Brock

Mine is because I spent some time protecting Badgers years ago.

I can also be a stubborn old bastard.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

violin

OK OK

The name's a bit of a giveaway, I guess i make violins (electric of course!!) :D

:-({|=
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........

hellfire

Hi,

keep them ID's coming!... this thread is getting very interesting :D

Cheers...Andy :wink:
if it\'s not broken then fix it until it is!

ridin gaijin

My name comes from my tour of Japan. Gaijin is Japanese for a foreign person, an outsider. It's mildly impolite. I think that as riders we are all outsiders, members of a minority, and it's something we wear with pride. When we travel and tour to see new places we're foreigners. The moment we stop moving, stop touring, stop learning from what we see...then we're not travelers any more, not foreigners. So--ridin gaijin.

[edited due to overage of Guinness]
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Badger

Quote from: "Brock"Mine is because I spent some time protecting Badgers years ago...

You can protect me anytime.  :wink:
Growing Old Disgracefully

knarf

My real name backward, its always seems to be free on BBs
I love the smell of two strokes in the morning

RiverRat

I grew up on the Mississippi and lived on a house boat for a while so I actually lived ON the river, other people from the midwest would call us riverrat's so it seemed right.  Your not anyone round here unless you own a boat.