News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Would you recommend Krauser over Triumph panniers ?

Started by titan430, July 13, 2012, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titan430

Hi guys, just a question , recently acquired a 2007 Tiger 1050 but with no luggage. Want to do France again so need some panniers etc. I have heard that the std panniers are a bit dire, so looked at a set of Krauser panniers on Ebay. Dont look too bad, does anyone recommend these or come to that matter anything else. ..................cheers

Sin_Tiger

I can't compare as I stayed with my trusty Track boxes, with modified racks. No complaints, other than to the baggage handlers that beat them up.

Ilk post details of the track modification soon.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

I had Krausers on my Hondas they were excellent, mind i don't find the standard stuff too bad, yes they leak but with inners they're not too bad.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

vince

i have a 955i and have used factory panniers, found them to be a pain in the backside to pack given that they have the cut out for the exhaust and mine  leaked, now using givi trekkers 35ltr on exhaust side and 45litre on the other side, this makes for a better balance, now a doddle to pack and can get more in them, and they are watertight, i hope this helps you with your decision for your 1050
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about