News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer for sale in England **SOLD**

Started by FXRJohn, August 25, 2012, 05:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXRJohn

Anyone in the UK interested in a 95 Tiger which has been sat in my shed for a couple of years?
29K miles with brand new tyres and new K&N filter.
I put a new battery on it last week and it fired up no problem and once the crap had gone through the carbs it runs nice.
[c:\documentsandsettings\johnh\mydocuments\triumphtigeraugust2012(1)
I dont want to go through the hassle of insuring it and getting MOT'd so willing to let it go to a good home for £850, which is a real bargain.

I am in Herefordshire and could deliver within a realistic radius.

Get in touch if you want to know more.

See later post for more pictures

metalguru

Picture would be good!!....Please.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Spud

Just popped this up on the ABR forum for you hope it helps with the sale cheers Spud  :thumbsup

rybes

pics would be good an have you an idea of what your lookin for it ?

cheers mate
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

John Stenhouse

End of the fifth line Rybes! £850 at that I fancy it, except eveything I touch at the moment breaks so I'm not buying anything for a while til it wears off  :thumbsup
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

FXRJohn

Thanks for the interest  guys.
Will get some photos done this week if it eventually stops raining.
Some advice appreciated, should I get it MOTd and taxed? MOT, insurance and Road Tax will knock a big hole in £200 will this add much to the value?
Cheers

John Stenhouse

If you don't sell it on here I would, I always see ads that say will pass an MOT easy, to which I reply then why haven't you got one then?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rybes

Quote from: John Stenhouse on August 26, 2012, 12:22:44 PM
End of the fifth line Rybes! £850 at that I fancy it, except eveything I touch at the moment breaks so I'm not buying anything for a while til it wears off  :thumbsup

ahem, oh yeah. any pics yet. dont mot n tax it tho. itll take it out of me pocket range lol
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

FXRJohn

Finally got there thanks to my lovely wife who understands these things........

Broon

I'm interested in this bike, although I'm in Central Scotland, so not sure how much it would cost to get it up here! :(

FXRJohn

Unfortunately there are no cheap options, unless someone is happening to be passing this way with a suitable vehicle.

I used to ride this Triumph up to Ayr quite regularly so I know that from here to Glasgow is 320 miles (5 & 1/2 hours). I would get it MOTd for you but would expect a deposit in advance. Provided you dont go mad on the motorway you are looking at around £40 for fuel, Getting here from Glasgow on the train is easy but expensive.

Anyone got any suggestions?

trophydave

There are some courier firms that avertise on ebay etc that they will deliver a bike anywhere in the country for £100(probably plus vat).I have never used any of them so cannot say how good or bad they may be.

manc_stu

Hi
Is your bike still for sale?
Pm'd you
Cheers
Stu

FXRJohn

Yes it is still for sale.

Have replied to your PM with my numbers

Cheers

FXRJohn

Thanks to the forum she has no found a new home.
Cheers for all the interest & advice.

Happy riding .

Johnl