News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lowest non classified road un the UK

Started by Lee337, March 25, 2024, 09:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Took a trip out with my new cheap camera to the lowest road in the UK.

Some say it's the A1101 near Peterborough and they'd be right. the A1101 is the lowest classified road in the UK which barely rises above sea level along its entire length. But leading off this is the B660, and just off that is a small single track lane called Holme Lode. This lane is approx 2m below sea level.

I'd hoped to put a video together using my newly purchased Ghost Drift XL Pro but for some odd reason all it recorded throughout my 70 mile run was me opening my back door & stepping into the kitchen when I got home, so a few pictures is all you get.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

London_Phil

I think I need to pop up and let you show me some of these lovely roads...

ghulst

Come over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;) 
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

London_Phil

Quote from: ghulst on March 25, 2024, 11:15:03 AMCome over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;)
Hmmmm Anyone up for a trip to the Lowlands? but not a 5K epic adventure....

ghulst

I cannot give you 5K under the sea. ;) 

This is the map of the flood prone areas of the Netherlands:

The darker blue areas are the ones that are first to flood. The lowest point of the country is about 7 metres under sea level. More importantly, 26% of the country is below sea level. And that is quite a bit. 

You don't need to do a 5K trip either. Book a ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland and you're there in a good nights sleep.  ;) 
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011