News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork performance eval.

Started by johned, September 08, 2012, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johned

I bought a 2007 1050 on Thursday.  Absolutely pleased out my rear.  Took it on a three hour ride in the twistiers of Lane County Orygun near Eugene.  What a sweet ride.  Everything, and I mean everything, performed magnificently.  Considering this is my first street bike and I haven ridden since 75.....and that was MotoCross....what do I know.  My friend rides daily and he has a Honda Shadow and his first comment was "I hope your will is updated".  So that proves it....right?

In spite of how well I think the forks are doing, how can I evaluate their performance and adjustment?  Compression, rebound and pre-load are all adjustable.

Thanks,

John
in no city, town, village nor hamlet will you find a statue erected to a committee