News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Year's Day Ride, Madison, WI

Started by cosmo, January 02, 2013, 12:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo

Today, as I have two other times, I rode the 115 miles north to Madison, WI. for the annual New Year's Day ride, sponsored by Madison M/C.

My ride started at 8:30 am. I arrived at 'Inn On The Park' about 10:30. Temps were about 5ºF (-16ºC) upon arrival. The ride started at about Noon, for a 10 mile trek to the other side of Madison, Middleton, WI to be exact. Then lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube, wherein I had a wonderful Quesadilla Burger. And coffee. The restaurant was embellished with more motorcycle-oriented stuff, including near a dozen bikes hung from the ceiling. Fitting end to a (short) run.

Total for the day was 245 miles, and Tigger ran faultlessly, as if I even needed to say...

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

birddogone

You, my friend have lost your mind! :XXsunsmile   I spent 5 1/2 years in Milwaukee, and it was the coldest times of my life.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Bixxer Bob

You must also have great faith in the folks that de-ice the roads.  Here in the UK  I trust them so much that I never ride when it's below zero....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Hemibee

Thanks for sharing the ride and photos, it makes my last one feel like a spring ride.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne