News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Extra Tall Girly!

Started by brianco, November 21, 2012, 11:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianco

Got my 2000 Girly modified with a 5" riser and mustang pegs. Also added 1" of padding to the seat.

I'm 6'6, and now it fits me pretty well. I had to extend the wiring, and get new brake hose, throttle and clutch cables.

I also got rid of the turn signals and replaced them with ones in the hand guards (lens broke in a tip over).

I've been trying to learn dual sport riding and it just got a lot easier now that the bike fits me standing. I also put on the hepco becker crash bars. I ride a lot in sand.

Anyway, glad to have this forum!

birddogone

Hey she looks good! I'm 6'3'' and my 06 tiger on the the seat's lowest setting is almost too tall for me, I can't imagine have'n it on the second and third highest settings! Did you play basketball for anyone we know?   :eusa_clap

Rod in Va.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

brianco

Yah, I put the seat on the highest setting, but I liked having my knees more open. I got an inch out of the mustang pegs, and another (while sitting) by adding padding to the seat. Turned out there was enough fabric in the seat that I just unstapled it and inserted some high density foam. I can still flat foot it with my legs out to the sides. Could be that 250lbs compresses the suspension a bit more! One thing I figured out on the suspension is that for a 30% static sag on my bike, it's exactly with the side stand touching while the bike is vertical. Being an engineer, I measured it of course, but then rule of thumb turned out to be: stand on bike with side stand out, bike should end up perfectly vertical and just about to tip to the right. Could be just how my sidestand is bent/adjusted so YMMV....

It was funny because I got this motorcycle based on it being fairly tall when sitting. Then I got a DVD on riding big dual sports in the dirt and the first thing they have you do is try to stand up straight on the pegs and grab the bars. That was when I said "uh-oh". I  was really debating whether to give up when I realized how much cable/hose/wiring had to be extended, and now I'm really glad I didn't.

It makes a huge difference in how heavy the bike feels. I know people complain that the tigers are too top heavy for dirt use, but I find it quite a lot lighter feeling now that I can stand balanced instead of leaning forward on it.

I've been practicing a lot in deep sand (maybe 12" or more) and now that I can stand up straight the bike just sort of swims around under me without feeling off balance. The jeep roads are feeling way more stable too.

btw, never played basketball, unless you count the company league at IBM!

Timbox2

Im only 6ft but always had my seat on the highest setting with Mustang Pegs, I know from my Bicycle riding days I have a short upper body but long legs. Some said I had short arms and deep pockets, but thats another story :hat10
2016 Tiger Sport

Freak

Quote from: birddogone on November 22, 2012, 02:02:16 AM
Hey she looks good! I'm 6'3'' and my 06 tiger on the the seat's lowest setting is almost too tall for me, I can't imagine have'n it on the second and third highest settings! Did you play basketball for anyone we know?   :eusa_clap

Rod in Va.

I am 6`4 and also set seat on lowest setting, I tried highest position did not  like feeling driving off-road.