News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlight cover / protector (USA)

Started by GermanTigger, November 24, 2013, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanTigger

Was wondering if anyone knew of where to get some headlight protectors states side? Or are you guys making them at home?
German in Texas riding a British bike.. Globalization!
97 Triumph Tiger
77 BMW R100/7

Sin_Tiger

If you are talking wire mesh type, the closest you can get off the shelf is one for an Africa Twin  :icon_scratch: which will be a problem in the US and you'd still need to modify it.

If you can be satirised with the acrylic Velcro/stick on type, then the round Street triple ones fit perfectly, they are cheap and you should be able to get those in the US.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

97tiger885

Quote from: GermanTigger on November 24, 2013, 07:34:52 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew of where to get some headlight protectors states side? Or are you guys making them at home?

I have homemade protectors.  I took a flexible aluminum screen mesh that would hold its shape, cut it into two oversized circles and used velcro to hold it.  This is a lens protector. 

Here is a partial shot with a prototype front fender.

Geoff W

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on November 24, 2013, 09:20:10 PM
If you are talking wire mesh type, the closest you can get off the shelf is one for an Africa Twin  :icon_scratch: which will be a problem in the US and you'd still need to modify it.

If you can be satirised with the acrylic Velcro/stick on type, then the round Street triple ones fit perfectly, they are cheap and you should be able to get those in the US.
I thought that Americans did not do satire?
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Mustang

Sin's smartphone aint too fuckin bright ! :ImaPoser

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint