News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i motor heat

Started by birddogone, January 06, 2013, 04:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

I have ridden BMW airheads and K100s for many years. I am surprised by how little heat my Tiger motor puts out in comparison. Beemers can melt your thighs in the dead of summer time and although I've only had the opportunity to ride the Tiger in 80 degree weather, but it sure is a lot cooler than I'm used to.
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

blacktiger

Quote from: birddogone on January 06, 2013, 04:28:55 PM
I have ridden BMW airheads and K100s for many years. I am surprised by how little heat my Tiger motor puts out in comparison. Beemers can melt your thighs in the dead of summer time and although I've only had the opportunity to ride the Tiger in 80 degree weather, but it sure is a lot cooler than I'm used to.
Rod

You'll be happy to hear then, that the T800 can be quite uncomfortable with the heat blowing from the radiator over the cylinder head and mostly out the right hand side at thigh height.
You can feel the heat from the 955 on your lower leg when you're riding fairly slow and there's a cross wind. The heat seems to exit from the side of the engine rather than over the top.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.