News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

5/16 fuel line double shut off disconnects

Started by 97tiger885, January 07, 2013, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

I need to put some quick disconnects on the fuel lines on the 85 K100. Fuel line is 5/16 inch and the lines are pressurized for fuel injection. Any tips regarding material such as choosing among plastic, brass and steel?  What about type of seals used?

It looks like I need to order 4 5/16 fuel hose barbs with male threading and 2 pairs of male/female disconnects with female threads to match those on the hose barbs.  AND I NEED DOUBLE SHUT OFF, not straight through disconnects.

Space is limited on these lines.  The intake line is about 8 inches long.  The return line takes a 90 degree bend immediately under the tank.

How do I know the disconnects will work with gasoline and ethanol?

Advice appreciated.

iansoady

When I got mine (2004 Girly) I couldn't find any 5/16" so I used 1/4" together with 1/4" (6mm) bore pipe. You need chrome plated brass and Viton O rings.

Like these: http://www.omega.co.uk/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=FTLC
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

ned37

why do you need disconnects?  you can easily remove the tank /lines without spillage.  they're not pressurized when it's not running, and i don't recommend removing the tank when it is.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e