News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tap

Started by threepot, February 10, 2013, 10:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

Looks similar, although the fuel outlet pipe is facing the wrong way, longer fuel pipe would cure that if it fits.

You gonna try  it?

threepot

Could 4n to verify distance between hole centres? Tried a few sites to find that Yam alternative. Anyone know what model it fits? I'm sure the tap on my bike is faulty? A few times my bike seems to suffer from fuel starvation? Last time it cleared when I turned the tap to reserve. And not to sound thick..there was petrol in it lol.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Mustang

it's not the tap it's the nylon screen on the top of the pipe for main supply . it sucks flat when running and prevents fuel from flowing . remove it and it will stop stalling , you don't need it  theres a nylon filter in the fuel pipe right where it enters the carbs between #2 & #3
been there done that ..............

sweller

Quote from: Mustang on February 11, 2013, 12:20:21 AM
you don't need it  theres a nylon filter in the fuel pipe right where it enters the carbs between #2 & #3

I have a disposable in-line fuel filter.

Like this:
http://inlinefilters.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=918_975_979&products_id=10158

Saves having to strip the carbs to get to the filters - only cost pennies (couple of pound actually) - gets replaced once a year?

Simon
Simon

Brighton
England

threepot

Hi sweller,fitted similar to bike when I sorted out shit in system. Should keep carbs clean?
Mustang..will try your suggestion,thanks
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Frosties

it's not the tap it's the nylon screen on the top of the pipe for main supply . it sucks flat when running and prevents fuel from flowing . remove it and it will stop stalling , you don't need it  theres a nylon filter in the fuel pipe right where it enters the carbs between #2 & #3

Glad I read this, thought my tap was buggered due to similar starving issues and having to turn to reserve. Cheers for the tip  :thumbsup

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

97tiger885

Quote from: Frosties on February 12, 2013, 09:21:11 PM

Glad I read this, thought my tap was buggered due to similar starving issues and having to turn to reserve. Cheers for the tip  :thumbsup

The reserve pipe has the same issue.  I removed the sock from the main pipe and left the sock on the reserve pipe to see what would happen. No problem on the main pipe.  Same problem with the reserve.  Middle of Missouri in 95F heat on reserve. Limped to a gas station, kept the level up and removed the reserve sock when I got home.  Problem gone.

Save time and remove both. 

threepot

If I get a chance on w'end,plan on swapping carbs. While I'm at it,will remove tap and remove filters. Can the gskt be re-used?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

windscreenman1

Had mine out and in half a dozen times  still fine with no leaks
Go for it mate it will be fine
Mark

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger