News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dismal Swamp Ride

Started by birddogone, January 10, 2013, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birddogone

70 degrees in January and I'm goin somewhere! Was able to really get a good feel for the Girly on a long distance ride today, riding 300 miles from Richmond VA to Elizabeth City NC round trip. Drove thru the historic Dismal Swamp (old Intercoastal waterway route) and went to the visitors center, tons of history here goin back to George Washington.
Bike ran like a charm, on return I checked my oil level and after about 1300 miles since the oil change it had used a little over a cup. From what I've read here, that seems normal for most?
Anyway, hope ya enjoy a few pictures,
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

Sin_Tiger

I thought it was a ride report from Southern UK until I read your post  :hat10
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

birddogone

Hey Sin, I've been know to get around, but not that fast!   :)
Rod
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

"If it doesn't run on fossil fuel or gun powder I'm not interested"

The Midnight Rambler

Dismal white swamp at the moment, roads full of salty slush.
Bike, Garage. Garage, Bike. As Tommy used to say.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson