News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Talyn's Diary

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2022, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

Doing the shims doesn't really bother me  I've done them on the Daytona, Trophy & Tiger 955i, at least checked them anyway. None of them needed adjusting but I have the Triumph valve tool if I need it.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Lee337

Had a bit of time last weekend as Mrs L was at her sisters.

Took Talyn J out for a couple of cracking rides heading north one day and west the other. probably covered 300 miles over the two days, with many coffee stops. Found one place which was a coffee shop, 2nd hand furniture warehouse and odds & sods shop. One coffee later and heading outside I spotted a Canon DSLR camera on a shelf. A quick look, no lens but a battery and 64Gb memory card and a price tag of £15. Copuldn't resist itso out came the wallet & in the top box went the camera (yes it does work & I have/had lenses to spare form my other cameras). It nowe sits almost permenantly with Talyn J should I feel the need to take photos when out & about.

Not your usual motorcycle accessory I admit, but at the price I paid, I'm not too worried about losing/damaging it. The strap is big enough for it to sit across my body over my bike kit, so if I'm on nice scenic roads, I don't even need to get off the bike to use it - result.  :wings

As an aside, I've been unable to find one of these cameras for less than £60, so quite a bargain. And before you ask, yes there were photos on the memory card of a rugby match and some post match antics which were somewhat disturbing  :bug_eye  I'm pretty sure that sort of thing never happend when I used to play (at least not that I was invited to anyway).

Anyway, back to Talyn J, they were the first long rides of the year and I thoroughly enjoyed them. A mix of fast roads, sweeping bends and more technical twisties. Talyn J didn't disappoint, except for one small thing, I was a bit concerned about a rattle coming form the rear every time I went over a pothole or bump in the road. So off the bike I looked at the usual suspects, contents of top box? no, all wrapped up & nothing clonking. QWhat about that odd Triumph floating top box plate? no, not that either. Chain? Rear hugger? Pannier mounts? WHEEL? Nope, none of those. Everything looked secure & bouncing up & down on the seat I couldn't get anything to rattle, clonk or make any unusual sounds. So I gave up & carried on with my ride.

Monday came & it was a nice sunny & warm spring day but looking at Talyn J, she was filthy (as was my car, you know how mucky black cars can look), so out came the hose. Both Talyn J and Jax (my car) washed & polished but by this time I was expecting Mrs L home. As she didn't take her keys with her, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to go for another ride, so I opted to clean out the garage.

So there I was sweeping the garage floor, admiring my three big cats, Tiger 800xc, Tiger 955i and Jaguar XE, along with my old Trophy 1200 and the still not working Daytona. You might be surprised that I have so many or that all my vehicles seem to be British - I'm not, I'm surprised that four of them actually work at the same time  :^_^

Oh, the rattle/clonking sound coming from the rear? Turns out the tool kit under the seat had worked its way loose & was rattling around  :icon_redface:

No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

Four working vehicles at the same time? That's just excessive! Time to start wrenching on something.  :mut

Oh, and that camera is a steal. Now we are all waiting for more pics.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011