News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Italian dreams Ò Sardinia

Started by Kitty, February 13, 2005, 04:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty

Hi folks,

in September 2004 we have been in Sardinia, beautiful island in the Mediterranean Sea, which we like very much. Crazy bends, perfect roads, beautiful landscape, less traffic, friendly people, good campsites, very good red wines, wonderful beaches and (mostly) good weather is the reason why we want to go back there as soon as possible÷

Please enjoy,

Kitty

Mr Mistoffelees

Wow Kitty, looks like a great holiday :D/

Fantastic pictures  8)
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

sunny

Them pictures remind me exactly of the south of France where i used to live, fantastic, thanks for sharing them :D

wonko the sane

Great Photos!  What did you use to make these photos?  They look like they were taken on film and then scanned into the computer.   The light is fantastic.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

Slim Dave

There's a lot about that drier, lumpier scenery that reminds me of Colorado -- but with the sea all around I think Sardinia has the edge.

tigrotto

Sardinia... ehm... I lived there for two years... great time..

anyway, I'm going there in easter time with some other friends&bikes...

who's coming???

;-)

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

Kitty

Quote from: "wonko the sane"What did you use to make these photos?  They look like they were taken on film and then scanned into the computer.  

Yes, thatÌs quite exactly the way I made the photos. Really first they have been slides (taken with Nikon FM2/Nikkor 35-70 mm/1:2,8), then they have been duplicated into paper photos (I donÌt have a slide-scanner), finally these ones have been scanned into the computer. ThatÌs why there is a massive loss of quality.

For our next holidays I will make use of Canon Digital IXUS IIs, I hope 3.2 Mega Pixels will be enough for presenting exclusively in the Internet.

At the following one pic I forgot to show you, and some from our trip to Sardinia 12 years ago, it was my time with Honda Transalp, not thinking of a Tiger yet÷

BOYS, THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR NICE AND POSITIVE RESPONSES!   :P   :P   :P

Kitty

robbo

the "20 Home sweet home at the campsite of Orri Tortoli.JPG" is an award winner. You should sell it to Triumph as a promo picture for Triumph motorcycles.

Great report, thanks
best Regards

Robbo

wonko the sane

Thanks, there is a richness with film (Agfachrome?) that digital just can't match.  I keep hoping film scanners will come down in price - to what I can afford, but they never quite get there.  The light seems different in the '93 photos.  Was that a different time of year, different film, or different lens - not Nikon?  If I'm being a pest with all these questions, just ignore them, but please keep sending in photos, they're great.

St. Augustine

GatorTiger

Man, Kitty, I envy you! I spent lots of time on Sardegna during the Yugoslavian quarrels in the 90's with the Navy. FLY NAVY!! ;-) We were stationed in Decimomannu (which - as everyone knows - is close to Decimoputzu :-P) and could only tour the island in VW buses. Even that was a B-L-A-S-T. Now that I have a Tiger I want to go back SOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAD! But that is difficult from Florida... :-(

Anyway: Keep them pics comin'!!!!! And thanks for truly awesome photos!!!!
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

Kitty

Quote from: "wonko the sane"The light seems different in the '93 photos.  Was that a different time of year, different film, or different lens - not Nikon?  

Hi Wonko,

ItÌs just another camera in the Ì93 photos: Olympus OM 1 (Olympus Lens 50 mm, 1: 1.8 ). I think you can see nowadays the films are much better than 12 years ago,  I mostly use Fujichrome Sensia 100 or Kodak Elite Chrome 100. The time of year was the same in September. On our way back with the ferry from Sardinia to Genua the Olmypus has been stolen on Car Deck. Our mistake to let it there at the bikes÷

Ok, Wonko, I will keep looking for some good shots, thank you!

Kitty

wonko the sane

Kitty,

I see you're enjoying your new digital camera - and so are we!

I've had a bunch of Olympus cameras over the years, now using a C-750 digital.  The convenience of digital cameras is great, and for these venues, the quality is fine, although you can tell the difference between digital and film, even on my little 13 inch monitor.  Of course, we now will expect even more great photos from you, now that its so much easier.(':D')

Wonko

St. Augustine