News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery charger recommendations

Started by 97tiger885, February 25, 2013, 08:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

My battery charger is dead.  I probably could fix it, but battery technology has moved on.  I need something basic that handles traditional acid/lead, AGM and gel.  Prefer plug in and forget.  Dont want it to be the size of loaf of bread, but doesnt have to be the size of a credit card.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

ssevy

I really like my Xtreme charger. I've used it on a traditional lead battery for a lawn tractor, and for my AGM on the bike.

http://www.xtremechargers.com/
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

My money is on the C-tek units (literally), got  3 for differentia jobs and locations. The usual one, forget the model number, it's more small croissant than loaf, I leave it on the Roadie for up to 6 months without a problem.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

FoothillRyder

I have both a Yuasa and a couple of Battery Tenders. My bikes are always plugged in when they're parked at home, and I've had zero issues with any of the 'tenders'. My batteries have been lasting 7-8 years.

;)
- FoothillRyder

'97 Trophy 3, '98 Tiger, '96 Sprint
AMA 289558, COP# 0001, BIR# 47
www.foothillryder.com

97tiger885

sweller

I have an Accumate - charges both 12v and 6v (for my fleet of elderly MZs).  It, apparently, has better recovery abilities than the 12v only Optimate.

It "float" charges so can be left attached indefinitely.

http://www.accumate.co.uk/accumate.htm
Simon

Brighton
England

97tiger885

Quote from: 97tiger885 on February 25, 2013, 08:06:04 PM
My battery charger is dead.  I probably could fix it, but battery technology has moved on.  I need something basi that handles traditional acid/lead, AGM and gel.  Prefer plug in and forget.  Dont want it to be the size of loaf of bread, but doesnt have to be the size of a credit card.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

I bought  a Yuasa HotShot  for about US$40.  It is very basic but does what I need.  It charges flooded wet cell and AGM. And it has a quick disconnect which allows me to use a powerlet or clips as the attachment point.