News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox Mod you may have not seen OR Dealing With Mickey

Started by topher0268, March 03, 2013, 02:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

Mickey Mouse that is ..........

I don't know about the rest of you but my house is surrounded on 3 sides with woods and the fourth side is a field. Needless to say I'm constantly battling mice in EVERYTHING and they just LOVE the Tiger's airbox. I've already done the other airbox mod (i'm one of the lucky ones .. mine actually separated apart so no dremel action) but I'm on my 6th mouse nest and they keep jacking up my filters.

I've decided to cover these inlets with steel mesh. Yes I realize they could just chew through the sides of the plastic but I'm hoping this will slow them down a bit:

I found this at the local parts outlet (read Walmart):

These lint traps are basically steel mesh socks. I rolled them out and cut the closed ends off about 2 1/2 inches back:

Then I clipped a little notch out of both sides of the molding on each rubber air inlet. This will be used to hold the zip ties in place. There's two rubber moldings opposite of each other on either side of both air inlets:

I then took each "sock", wrapped it over the end of each inlet, and zip tied them in place:

I can't say for sure that this will stop the lil monsters entirely and I don't know how well this mesh will hold up. I'll keep an eye on it and report back at some point whether it's helped or not.
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Bixxer Bob

:ImaPoser

That's what I like about Tiger owners, resourceful, innovative, resilient and determined. And if you aren't, you will be.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Brilliant! Must try that on the GPz, like you I wondered what the rattling was............all the nut shells in the airbox.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

topher0268

Quote from: blacktiger on March 04, 2013, 07:22:01 PM
Aren't cats supposed to eat mice?

Don't I wish .... I've got so many of the little units of destruction I literally caught them carting off one of my beagles by the collar the other day. I had to negociate away an entire ham and a carton of menthols (and I don't even smoke) in order to get the poor dog back ....
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)