News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Deceased Beaker

Started by digitalcaptive, March 23, 2013, 11:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalcaptive

Bought this 11 plate last February, managed to kill her 5 weeks ago (and break my pelvis) HI have no recollection of the accident at all but the driver of the vehicle insists its my fault?. Any my replacement is now ordered and expected delivery date is next Friday (I wont actually be able to ride it for a good few weeks but at least I'll be able to stroke her  :love10
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

coachgeo

Glad your:
. here to not remember a thing
. will be riding again soon.
. healing

:eusa_clap
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

Glad you're in one piece  :eusa_clap

More pain just looking at it.

Did you go for white or Irn Bru orange this time?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

digitalcaptive

Orange was my first choice but they offered me such a cracking deal on a fully blinged Khaki Green (my second choice in colour) I just couldn't refuse, 800 XC abs,tall screen, fog lights, heated grips, radiator guard, headlight guard, center stand, engine bars, tank pad, rear box and sliding mount, Arrow can, Alloy bash plate, fender extender all for the princely sum of £8800, when I'd spec'd up an Orange one as I wanted it we got to £10,000 (I can live with green for a £1200 saving :hat10
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

Spud

Glad your ok (ish) any witnesses at all, good luck cheers Spud  :thumbsup

digitalcaptive

unfortunately not, It looks like unless I can come up with a viable counter argument this is going down as my fault, I don't mind accepting responsibility if I understand what happend but with no memory of the inccident thats unlikely to be the case
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

chappers

sorry to here that digi , same thing happened to my friend , he bought a brand new suzuki  b king, he only had it for 35 miles, he was following  a car with a bus in front, he had stayed behind the car for 3 to 5 miles b4 he hit a straight. he waited to see what the car would do, when it just sat there he put his indicator on , check over his shoulder, check car in front , road in front . all ok so he up ed his speed to 55 mph as he got by the side of the car , he just remembered hitting a hedge. his bike was wrote off. he had to have his wrist pinned. apparently the car just pulled out , from witness from the bus. she also said it was his fault for being on a bike. 

digitalcaptive

Quote from: chappers on March 24, 2013, 07:33:39 PM
she also said it was his fault for being on a bike.

all to common an opinion unfortunately
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

Sin_Tiger

You got a cracking deal there alright  :thumbsup

You'd be surprised what they can figure out from scene of the accident and vehicle damage, clever stuff but you legal team has to push for it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Spud

Quote from: digitalcaptive on March 24, 2013, 11:28:52 AM
unfortunately not, It looks like unless I can come up with a viable counter argument this is going down as my fault, I don't mind accepting responsibility if I understand what happend but with no memory of the inccident thats unlikely to be the case

What did the police say, were they called they should of been if you were injured. cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Advwannabe

Sorry to hear about your tale Digi, but pleased you are happy with the new one.

Your accident definately bears further investigion, for your own peace of mind if nothing else.

I had a guy turn into the back of my Landcruiser recently, turning left from the RH lane on a roundabout.

He raced up accusing me of not being in my lane, but soon settled down when I pointed out the realities of the situation. He ran into the back of me, why did he not see me coming and take action?

The point is, the way I was bought up if you were at fault in a accident you kept your mouth shut and let the Police and insurance sort it out, you certainly didn't accuse the other party of being at fault. Fortunately my situation has a happy ending.

Unfortunately, the more strident the other party is the more likely they have something to hide. Get the crash invesitgation info is there is any.   
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

digitalcaptive

Quote from: Spud on March 26, 2013, 09:43:16 AM
Quote from: digitalcaptive on March 24, 2013, 11:28:52 AM

What did the police say, were they called they should of been if you were injured. cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Spoke to the police yesterday, they seem quite happy that it was my fault, they suggest I was filtering at speed (60mph quoted by third party) coming up to a right hand turn for which the third party claims he was indicating. The only thing that doesn't ring true is that although I do filter, I have never filtered at speed. It took me along time of riding with mates that did filter for me to do it at all and although I filter regulary now I only ever sdo it at 15-20mph........I'm miffed that my satnav went missing at the scene as at least on there my trip stats would have shown my general riding pace and may have gone someway to backing up that I'm generally not a reckless rider
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

John Stenhouse

Have you told the police your sat nav is missing, they will have the ames and addresses of all the witnessses, maybe get them to ask if any of the witnesses saw it, may get someone to own up.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

digitalcaptive

Yeah mentioned it but they said there were no witnesses and know report of a satnav being found :doubt
Russ

2013 800 XC ABS In Khaki

Bixxer Bob

If you were filtering at 60mph you'd be totalled, never mind the bike.  You need to start building a case with some expert witnesses based on the damage to the bike and your injuries.  That will give a broad estimate of your speed and begin to discredit the 3rd party who, by the way, can only give an admissible estimate of your speed if they were actually following you. Bystander guestimates don't count. 

Do a bit of digging yourself first, to establish your rough speed, then contact the senior police rider in your area, he'll be more likely to listen if you are being hard done by and will have access to accident stats to help.

Your council motorcycle accident reduction officer may also be able to help if you can convince him you are being hard done by.  Ours is an ex police bike instructor and is excellent.

The bottom line though is, if you filtered into someone turning right, you're going to pick up the tab. You can only hope to discredit the speed.  You did take out legal insurance with your rider policy, didn't you?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...