News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacing flasher relay with one that also buzzes

Started by Revilo, June 05, 2016, 03:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revilo

Hi all

Got a 995i from 2005

I'd like to fit a beeper or buzzer to the indicator (turn signal) flasher relay unit, but not sure where to find it or what to buy that would work -- anyone got any ideas?

I did it on my last bike, just unplugged the old one and switched in one with a beeper but that was easy as it was just under the seat.  Not sure where it is on the tiger nor what kind of replacement would fit.

Thanks

Dyn Blin

If you're still using incandescent bulbs, Something like this one may work:

http://www.delcity.net/store/Hella-3-Pin-Buzzer-Unit,-12V/p_808966

The relays for the lights and signals are on the left side  (tachometer side)of the cockpit behind the instrument cluster, and require removal of the front fairing.

If I recall correctly, the signal relay sits a bit proud of the others in the row.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dyn Blin

Maybe of interest.  I  found a vendor that has a much less expensive version.  However, I'm unsure of pin pattern.  For fun, I ordered one and will post back if I can bodge it.
This is why we can't have nice things.