News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch cable modification

Started by Marc, March 27, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavi

were you able to find the arm extender on the bmg site?  I did not see it.

trophydave

I bought mine from a chap in Germany,I seem to remember that I found the details on the Triumph Rat site.

Marc

Quote from: cavi on May 11, 2016, 12:54:34 AM
were you able to find the arm extender on the bmg site?  I did not see it.

indeed, seems to be ended  :icon_frown:
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

blacktiger

I didn't get round to doing anything so far. The bike has been off the road for 18 months through laziness and a Tiger800XC getting the use. I'm now thinking that all you need to do is trim up a piece of angle Iron and bolt it to the arm.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Quote from: blacktiger on June 14, 2016, 11:55:48 AM
I didn't get round to doing anything so far. The bike has been off the road for 18 months through laziness and a Tiger800XC getting the use. I'm now thinking that all you need to do is trim up a piece of angle Iron and bolt it to the arm.

So today I decided it was time to do to the old Girl what needed to be done 18 months ago AND do the clutch arm mod at the same time. Pretty simple really and like I said in the quote, all that's needed is some angle iron, a drill and a hacksaw. Luckily I had some angle iron laying about from a previous project. So I hacked off a length and got offering it up.
First drill out rivet.

30mm centre to centre.

Offering up the extension. I decided on a 20mm extension.

Underside.

Assembled onto arm.

Extension misses frame by a few mm.

Tweak the cable bracket. It didn't really go to plan but I managed to get into the right angle.

All assembled.

The final weight of the pull is now very comfortable and yes, it does fully disengage the clutch.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Marc

Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39